Joining Club and now own my 1st Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys

no offence was taken , and I am happy to be challenged . We all as (he now says proudly !! ) Greeves owners have a responsibility to maintain the name of the marque , after all that is the purpose of a club like the GRA . We will at some time have to pass all of our bikes along to someone else so its correct to ensure history remembers them just as they came out of the factory . If mine had been complete maybe that is how I would restore it , but its not so I will make a special. As for colour , it will most likely be the famous Blue , as I hope to make bike that Greeves might have made themselves but with my twists added in .

It is good to be part of such a vibrant club !!! .... great banter !!!

Comment

Well said Karl!

Originally posted by Karl R View Post
      Guys

no offence was taken , and I am happy to be challenged . We all as (he now says proudly !! ) Greeves owners have a responsibility to maintain the name of the marque , after all that is the purpose of a club like the GRA . We will at some time have to pass all of our bikes along to someone else so its correct to ensure history remembers them just as they came out of the factory . If mine had been complete maybe that is how I would restore it , but its not so I will make a special. As for colour , it will most likely be the famous Blue , as I hope to make bike that Greeves might have made themselves but with my twists added in .

It is good to be part of such a vibrant club !!! .... great banter !!!
      Nice one karl, and a very healthy attitude you have there, if I may say! Regarding being challenged....in my case, I find the weekly appointments and medication help, but i still 'lapse' now and then....

Just one more point....if you do decide to go for 'The Famous Blue', please try and make sure you choose the 'right' one.....and if you find it, please can you let the rest of us know what it is....

Have fun with your bike Karl, and look forward to seeing some pics as and when.

Brian.

Comment

Karl if you are looking for some parts for your project
        Contact Andrew Kempton on 01493 285467 or 07876 161832 or email adyuk@hotmail.com
        He is in process of selling his late fathers collection of Greeves (& other bike) parts, he is in North Norfolk near Gt Yarmouth. He may have a trials or scrambles bottom fork link which will save you the bother of modifying the roadster one to take a 21" front wheel.

Comment

Thanks John for the tip , I will give Andy a Call .

Comment

Karl, if you do decide to go for Moorland Blue powder coating, I'd just mention Suffolk Stove Enamellers near Grundisburgh (IP13 6HE).

They have developed pretty much the definitive "Greeves Blue" and have powder coated many Greeves frames. They happily did mine black, though.

You can reach them on 01473 735585. Speak to Sam.

(Just trying to be helpful...)
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

thanks , that's a great tip !!

Comment

Don't know if you're aware, Karl, but the Friston Classic car and bike show is today. I'm taking my green TR4A sports car OBB 29F and my brother's taking his TriumphT100A.

It's a pretty good little show and takes place on Friston village green IP17 1NN.

It's in the general vicinity of Saxmundham and Leiston.

Official start time 4.00 but you can get there up to an hour or so earlier. Free entry. Excellent burgers etc.

And the weather looks OK...
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                X