Invacar in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invacar in the News

Great fun to open my paper this morning to discover this picture on page two.

Fame at last? I bet Bert would have been pleased!

Bit of a caption opportunity..?

(Though no being rude about HM please.)
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

A Bluebell in the house of Windsor Colin !! only A RED Rose would be sanctioned

Comment

It has no number plate so I guess it must be the old girl's.

Comment

Yes must be

Comment

Invacar

Nice that Bert was credited as inventor of the original Invacar. The car shown looks like an AC example. Good and positive Greeves related publicity, rather than the sad Graham Hill tirade against invalid carriages. I wonder what DPC would have made of it?
          Last edited by Phil Hyde; 28/04/2017, 01:21 PM. Reason: Spellinnnn and a few more words

Comment

Yes, it is an AC-built Invacar - but to Bert's design of course.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

I think you will find that the AC invalid trike had no connection with Greeves or Invacar other than the basic shape. Invacar was a registered company name to Bert Greeves & not used by AC on their Model 70. AC Cars were at Thames Ditton. Bit like calling all vacuum cleaners a Hoover. http://www.3wheelers.com/invacar
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/04/2017, 10:46 AM. Reason: Not an Invacar

Comment

Bert's design was adopted as the standard for the invalid carriages supplied by the Government department responsible, so their various contractors were indeed using Bert's design.

Didn't start this thread to provoke pointless discussion anyway...
                Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 27/04/2017, 02:37 PM. Reason: Semantics
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

HRH & Invacar

Yes please my man, but only if it's got space for the corgi and a DP-C motor. Should be fun round the Victoria Monument!

Comment

last year I bought a old Datsun straight 6 , there where 2 invalid cars there , heres one just dragged out , someone bought both .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X