No announcement yet.

Classic Dirt Bike Show 2017, Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian I know you explained how to fix photos but I think its better I make him push it up hill.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins
      Craig.... the auto jumble is outside mate.......
      Now that made me laugh out loud.
      Just wait to Kim's bikes show up

Comment

Rotation...in de nation....

Ahhhh....I see.....I thought he was doing a side-saddle one foot on the peg wheelie up a vertical ice slope....

Nice the organisers gave you a whole hall to yourself just for your bikes mate......is it big enough though.....???

Have a great weekend Craig, and say hi for me to any of the usual suspects you bump into....

Brian.

Comment

My bikes have arrived complete with an intoxicating mix of gaffer tape, cable ties and a new nitrous oxide methane injector system fitted as this seasons secret weapon .... I was up for a night of hard drinking but the hard man from Bally Black is er well tucked up in bed with a cup of Horlix .... Or maybe he pulled a show girl ... One or the other .😂😂😂😂👍👍 Cheers Kim

Comment

Have a great weekend guys and gals....(I hope) and between my doses of honey and lemon and painkillers, I'll be thinking of you! Let's have plenty of piccies!

Comment

I met Druid today at the show, what pleasure, and he asked me how I have time to work at bikes and run a company etc. There is your answer Kim, I was fast asleep, on holiday, without kids, wife, and bikes downstairs finished and safe.

Massive sleep.

Comment

Here is some pictures guys.
                Attached Files

Comment

What a line-up! Well done, fellas, and thanks for posting, Craig. Sorry didn't make it over. Had offer of a lift but wife had other plans for the weekend. Doh!

Comment

Brilliant showing of Greeves at Telford

21 Greeves models from 1951 to 1976. Stunning display and worthy Best Club Winner and a challenger won best in show
                    Great in retest in Greeves
                    My dad loved seeing his bike on show ..
                    Well done Dave and Colin for organising
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sitting on the boat going home. Came over with three bikes going home with five. Don't ask and especially don't tell the wife.
                      That was my first show and could not have wished to do it with a better bunch of guys.
                      Should have won best daft bloke from Ireland but I could not sit still for long enough for them to pin the rosette on.
                      Fantastic two days and well done to Dave, Dick, Colin, Rob, and that bloke on the stand that made sure I paid for every sticker and patch I wanted off the club stand.
                      GRA. Winners, best show stand.

Ps. Met that bloke Druid and that chap that rides a 380 with banana forks and talks with a funnier accent than mine. Nice chaps. Hope we can meet again when we have more time to talk.
                      Last edited by griffon380; 19/02/2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                        Here is some pictures guys.
                        Great pics - love how you simulate the Greeves Championship racing down the hill at Coomb Martin - and then again the uphill

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                          Ahhhh....I see.....I thought he was doing a side-saddle one foot on the peg wheelie up a vertical ice slope....:

Nice the organisers gave you a whole hall to yourself just for your bikes mate......is it big enough though.....???

Have a great weekend Craig, and say hi for me to any of the usual suspects you bump into....

Brian.
                          Hi Brian,
                          It was a great show until other bikes started turning up !!!!!!
                          All the super shiny bikes made mine look half finished and they should have had a class for "used and abused" bikes. But then Kim would have won that one after they mopped up all the oil under his bike

I met our good friend and forum sparring partner (Higgo) at the show and hopefully cheered him up a bit with the offer of a challenger frame thats been hiding under my stairs in the workshop.

Would have been nice if you could have been able to attend the show but there will be a next time I am sure.

Craig

Comment

Well done gentlemen. Credit to all involved. Dogsbody

Comment

It was Ian Hodge's 24MX3 Challenger which won "Best Scrambler"

Excellent line-up of scramblers and thanks to everybody who brought bikes.

The stand attracted a great deal of attention from the public and generated several new members - including a contingent from Italy!
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Yes the best ever, we were unsure as to the position of the Stand that we had been allotted, but after the initial rush of visitors who came down the slope like they were being chased by a Bull in a Spanish street race, so they could get to the Auto Jumble , it turned out a very good position, people were using the catering stand next to us added to the draw to the stand.

6 new members plus loads of regalia sold was very encouraging and the new T Shirts that Rob ordered sold out !!! but we will have a stock of these at the Greeves fun day /Agm / Autojumble . with Tim Britton giving us his enthusiastic Talk/ entertainment this must not be missed.

Jack Burnical from Sky TV ,the Commentator for Road Racing, was very good with the interviewing of all who took part in the Greeves Interview, only problem was the PA system which kept braking down , but are Chairman Captain Mainwaring, applied some of his Telecom Engineering experience in the form of clouting the box of tricks back into life at regular intervals. Jack is very knowledgeable with Scrambles and Trials as well.

Another great 2 days ,nice to chat to most i did catch up with cheers Dicky

Comment

Working...
                                X