Somerton Classic trial 11th /12th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somerton Classic trial 11th /12th June

http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for.../biggrin.gifHi all you Trials enthusiast, Rob will be putting the regs up on the Web page so i thought i should give this event a bit of a plug in case he is late in remembering with all he has going on in his extraordinary life style.

This 2 day event is a great weekend down in Somerset ,just outside of Wells at the Priddy village ,Lower pitts Farm, entry is £25 for two days of great fun and banter, you have 3 routes to choose from and it is all off road centered around the Farm, 3 different groups so to avoid hold up,nice pubs and Camping is free in the field if you wish .

Contact Brian Ayres on 01458 250925 http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...milies/eek.gif

Somerton Classic Trial

Dick, I have sent in my entry on a Greeves this year
    Simon
    Last edited by trialrider17; 19/05/2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

thats very patriotic simon, i wondered if you may have gone to Honda this year or is this on the back burner or only for road use? looking forward to seing that super exhaust system you were constructing when i called in the other week, let Badger have a peep at it, perhaps we could introduce him to the noble art of Classic Trials ?

Comment

Hello Dick. I put my entry in last week and I'm looking forward to it, and to seeing you and Rob again!

Cheers, Andy.

Comment

Thats great Andy i will inform the Captain tomorrow as we have a committee meet at Oxford , i will give him another push to get the regs on the Website as well, at the moment he is constructing a subterranean footpath around his house at about a mtr a day !!!

Comment

Subterranean footpath??? Do you mean a trench fo keeping the postman away?

Comment

No he has a friendly Alsatian called Timber who does that ! it is more of a navigation canal towpath to keep the water at bay,! more in keeping with a moat around his Medieval house that is now below ground level after a few hundred years, inspected it yesterday and he is making progress with it very well.
              He had to joint up the morter with a torch at 10 30 Friday night due to his workload of drawings etc ,etc etc,
              he must have recharged his body batteries as he never went to sleep at the wheel at all!! going to the committee meting on Saturday

Comment

A mob of 6 of us, 4 of whom are GRA members, have entered, so that's 4 more Greeves that'll be bimbling around in order to work up a thirst for the evenings' revelry.
                I rode this event for the first time last year, sections perfect for our type of machinery and catering for all abilities, such a good weekend, can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Well done Jeff thats just great , i think we will have a good get together we will have some regalia to sell if anyone wants a few bits and bobs, Captain Mainwaring will no doubt be in his usual cheery mood and will be in the Officers GHQ Caravan.

He is at the Sammy Miller round, Sam Cooper in the Cotswolds on Sunday so anyone else who is riding and wants to know more grab him and find out, i will miss it due to having a shoulder problem with the rotator cuff ligaments in one shoulder , age related !!!

Comment

Dick couple of photos of the new exhaust on the bike looks OK don`t you think and works a treat.I found a guy in Tatworth to weld the stainless exhaust pipe made a brilliant job of it (£25). You will be able to see it in the flesh at Somerton trial in a couple of weeks .
                    Simon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cracking neat job there mate, wait till Alan sees it !! looks like it was a factory job

Comment

Is Alan riding at Somerton ? If not I will email him a picture .
                        Simon
                        Last edited by trialrider17; 25/05/2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

We made the front page of of OFF ROAD REVUe ISSUE 43 .Good write up on the Somerton 2 day trial and lots of photos ,me on a Gfreeves Anglian
                          Simon
                          Last edited by trialrider17; 30/06/2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

could you send a pic Simon, i subscribed to that last year and my time must have run out, cheers Dicky

Comment

Dick I have asked Deryk Wylde of offroad review if it is OK to use photo (copyright) soon as I get it I will put it on forum .9 of us on the front cover plus 25pages of photos and report.
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X