Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Belatedly Inevitable Return Of The Inevitable Caption Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Andy!

Ha ha! (literally!)

Good one!

How about;

'Ernie was dissapointed with Bert and Jack's lack of sympathy, as he wishes he had taken their advice and not ordered the Haggis the night before...'

Comment

Jack, "I'll just scrape this deposit from the seat with my finger nail, it must have been left over from the last meeting. It's a sort of brown colour"!
      Last edited by ADickerson; 14/06/2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Heres Another

The first one to take their hands off the bike has to clean it after the event!!

OR

Jack thought Bert was joking about wassell making carburettors.

OR

Ernie just heard the news about the effect of ethanol in the petrol, He thought E10 would make it go faster!!!

Il try again later

Scotty

Comment

Nice one, Adrian. Hope you didn't have to strain, too much..........or should that have been in response to the caption!!

Comment

Jack and Bert giggle with delight in the knolwedge that their devious little ruse, to let the road boys into the comp shop to apply extra polish to the front mudguard has worked, as Ernie shields his eyes from the glare!!!
            Punchy
            Punchy 336

Comment

Controversial!

Bert; 'I'm thinking of using these colours for a new roadster model I have in mind, called the DCX...'

Comment

Another slightly controversial!

Bert to Ernie" I never new you boys in the comp shop could build something as ugly as this?"

" Well you should see what they've got in store for the road boys" says Ernie trying to hide his mirth

Punchy:
                Punchy 336

Comment

Bert takes great delight in announcing who's come 1st & 2nd in the silly jumper competition.

Punchy
                  Punchy 336

Comment

And presents the winner with his bagpipes!

I like that one Rob-well spotted!

Comment

Please stop, my sides are beginning to hurt! No, it's not a caption, they really are!

Comment

Bert - "what do you mean, de-mob Suit , stop laughing Ernie or I'll make you ride it instead of Peter " , I'll have you know it will out last you "

It did to OBG still wore the suit when I started there .

Chris

Comment

Nice Threads!

Good one Chris, nice story too!

Brian.

Comment

Bert & ernie try to laugh off rumours that they are falling behind in the pre trial manufactuers marble competition!
                            This is our last chance!, says ernie as he removes his prize winning glass eye, & places it into berts hand, go get em boss!!

Comment

Thanks!

As the dust gently settles on another splendid Caption Competition (or has it...?!), and arguably one of the best so far, I'd just like to say a huge 'thank you' to all who responded or contributed to the fun. It was really nice to see a few new faces joining in this time too.

A brilliant effort chaps, one and all, and here's to the next one.....!

Note; All the previous Caption Comp threads remain open (as does this one) just in case anyone comes up with any new little gems to add. The more the merrier!
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/06/2012, 11:56 PM. Reason: Note added.

Comment

Angry Birds!

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                                Well done Brian! This game is so much better than angry birds!!!!! Scotty
                                And another thing.....!

For the record Scott (!), I have only tried my best to alert fellow GRA members to the perils associated with these evil creatures, especially when it comes to extracting and using their oil in motorcycling applications....

As the attached pic will demonstrate, even the Armed Forces won't risk going anywhere near an Emu without the right equipment.....!

So there!

Brian.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/06/2012, 03:34 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Working...
                                X