17. Steven Toy 510
    18. Trevor Masefield 97
    19. Adam Bell – 250
    20. Steven Roberts 481 NS
    21. Phil Evans 211 - NS
    22. T Bates 134 - NS

Comment

The Bells are docked 4 pints for round 2 Maylandsea read on

Mike called today ........ He spent all week prepping bikes looking forward each day to lockng horns in the second round of the Greeves championship ....... Thinking he wanted an early night he turned down a last minute £400 gig job fr Saturday night and got up at the crack of dawn or some body ..... To set off for racing this morning ....... As he approached the circuit he criticised the club for being lazy and not putting out the usual orange triangular markers that lead us to the venue..... Undeterred as he knew the route anyway he plugged on and arrived at Lawlngs farm at 8 am...... But the gate at the entrance to the track was closed ..... Again cursing he calls Coxy and me to find out where we all are ....... The answer being AT HOME !!!! Mike was only 1 week early fr the Esster meeting ( the clue is in the name) . I must admit when he called I have never ever laughed so much !!!) and for his troubles I am going to do k him 4 points from the championship for a first refusal at the gate 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Round 2 Greeves Championship ....maylandsea

Maylandsea was in superb nic for round 2 of the championship ....
        Great to catch up with so many Greeves riders and enthusiasts and a great days racing ..non more so than our own Dave Harper who did some lap scoring with Geoff Nunn ( thanks to John Collard for breakfast ngong Dave to the meeting . A few spills and thrills but nothing too serious .....Tom Wormleighton made a come back on his recently rebuilt Griffon and had some good starts....
        Star of the day was Sam Heitman who was flying on his 360 challenger closely followed by Jos "the Kid" Goddard . Other front runners were
        Ricky Widdowson and yours truly . In the first points race it was Sam who lead all the way with Jos in hot pursuit then Ricky and me. In the last race again Sam lead from Jos never more than a bikes length apart ... Jos over cooked it and crashed out and Ricky took a second and me third.
        Will get the full results from Geoff soon
        Cheer Kim

With the first race safely out of the way it was onto the

Comment

I'll be submitting photos and a short report to Off-Road Revue in a couple of days. If you don't know already, it's an online magazine, only available to subscribers, but has a wide readership.

Comment

Race Results Round 2 Maylandsea

Provisional Race Results of round 2 of the Greeves champion ship at Maylandsea from Dave Harper
            First points race top 12
            60 Sam Heitman
            507 Jos Goddard
            312 Ricky Widdowson
            275 Kim Morley
            763 Ray Wood
            586 Tom Wormleighton
            57 Mark Larter
            321 Andrew Green
            335 Adrian Dickerson
            935 Brian Sawyer
            270 Mike Bell
            285 Roy Wiseman

Provisional Race Results of round 2 of the Greeves champion ship from Dave Harper
            Second points race top 12
            60 Sam Heitman
            312 Ricky Widdowson
            275 Kim Morley
            763 Ray Wood
            507 Jos Goddard
            57 Mark Larter
            321 Andrew Green
            935 Brian Sawyer
            270 Mike Bell
            959 Roger Digby
            699 Ian Cox
            97 Trevor Mansfield

Comment

Roger Digby was busy in the 2nd race.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                Roger Digby was busy in the 2nd race.....
                thx ... Corrected

Comment

Round 3 Sproxton

Greeves riders made the pilgrimage to the Nothants Lincolnshire borders yesterday - with many making it a weekend and staying in Sproxton village Crown Inn or camping overnight. Track was in superb condition - a really technical but flowing track and a huge thanks to Colin Hill and Pete Griffiths for hard work for a small club to put on a fantastic day of racing.

Because of the dry weather in the weeks before the track was dry , dusty with ots of rocks and loose hard bits and despite some watering of the bends - became very dusty by the end of the day ......

This did not spoil the greeves fun nor did it slow the top riders down who battled it out .
                  Sam Heitman , Jos Goddard and Matt McCulloch were the main contenders. Sam came out on top in the first race - in the second (the first points scoring race) Mat claimed victory followed by Jos then Sam .............and the last race - well that is all a little hazy for me....but Dave Harper advises it finished the same.. For me ......I was chasing down Ricky Widdowson in 4th place. I went balls out over the straight and jumps as we took the last lap flag and got up his tailpipe for the right left chicane as you turn to go up hill - he looked round on the wrong side - and i nailed it up the hill on his left (inside) -I grabbed too much throttle and did a power slide and had not made a clean pass and as we turned into the fast left hander at the top we came together - and I crashed out . One of my bigger crashes at speed ........ Nil Points for me - Credit to Ricky he came up to check I was ok - and also thanks to Mat Valentine - who despite hardly being able to walk well - after his big crash at the Weston Beach race last year (still not riding) - took my bike back too the pits............Nothing too serious - sore head, neck and knee ligaments .

Hopefully fit for MAylandsea next Sunday - for the 3rd race on the bounce.

I heard news in the Pits that Adrian Dickerson was unwell and taken by ambulance to the local hospital....THE GOOD NEWS is I hear reports that Adrian was released with nothing serious - GET WELL SOON ADRIAN ....

Cheers Kim

p.s Soggy - if you read this remember our conversation about MX KIt ? I would not be writing this today if not for my Arai helmet and neck brace......

Comment

Have we any points positions to report yet? I am putting a report together for Deryk Wylde's Off Road Review (ORRe) and it would be nice to show points positions. I have sent him a CD of pics from Maylandsea and will do a short report on that event.

Comment

Hi Brian
                      No points tally yet . Will call Dave this evening and see if we can work something out Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, hope you are not suffering too much!

Comment

Not to bad mate , just spoke to Dave and he's working on the results of first 3 rounds will have them in a few days cheers Kim

Comment

p.s Soggy - if you read this remember our conversation about MX KIt ? I would not be writing this today if not for my Arai helmet and neck brace......[/QUOTE]

Above and beyond the call of duty to illustrate the point so dramatically, Kim. Good to hear you are ok though. I guess everyone has an off occasionally and better over protected then under protected. perhaps I'll wear the old chainsaw trousers - tough as old boots and lined with ballistic fibre. and with Husqvarna braces to really confuse everyone.

Sog

Comment

YES, good kit is a good investment, but we see a slight drawback in the Rally cars now. Hans devices are compulsory and are great for prevention of neck and head injuries. The drawback is that the driver has a very limited arc of view, so driving extremely sideways can be a leap in the dark! If they spin or have a minor off, it's white stick driving!

Comment

Hi Kim, thanks for good wishes. I wasn't aware until logging on today that you'd had a big off.
                                Hope it wasn't too serious and that any swellings resulting were in the right place
                                Good luck with a speedy recovery in time for the weekend, I'll be there to watch only. If you want to go for an encore then please feel free as I missed the one at Sproxton.
                                Shame I had to leave early as I really enjoyed the first half and was looking forward to the second.

Comment

Working...
                                X