Scottish fettling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish fettling

I decided to spend a bit of time getting my Scottish back in a usable state after it has been covered up for the last 4 years. I have had since bike since 1973 having rescued it from the side passage of my parents house in East Sheen. At the time I had a Thruxton Velocette and my brother wanted a motorbike so went down the road to the nearest dealer who was Geoff Dodkin. I thought he would come back with a Velocette like mine but instead turned up on the road legal Scottish. After about a year he discovered woman and the bike languished down the side passage. Some time later I asked my brother if I could borrow it and that is how I came to have it. My brother still asks if he can have it back - fat chance
    I need to sort out the seat, front brake, rear brake rod and probably get electronic ignition as starting seems so much easier when fitted.
    The exhaust is the original one that was fitted at the time and I was thinking of getting a reproduction Scottish style one from Armours. On their site they ask whether it is long or short swinging arm, can someone tell me the different lengths please so I can measure up.
Working...
X