455 JOO Triss Sharpe's 63 International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 455 JOO Triss Sharpe's 63 International

Found this pic by Nicholas Verhoeven of Triss Sharpe's 1963 ISDT bike on Flickr taken at Vehikel 2012 ( a Dutch classic vehicle show) so presume it has a Dutch owner. Anyone know who owns it?

Riding number's wrong. In the 1963 ISDT Triss Sharp's number was 129. He was in the GB Vase B Team. He retired with a seized big end on the first day.

None of the Greeves riders in the 1963 event carried number 34.

I think there's been discussion about this bike on here before.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

One wonders if it is actually 455 JOO or if thats been 'faked' as well

Comment

Possibly owned by a person that Colin and I have had discussions about. Has his own ideas about things.

Comment

The photographer of the bike has since commented on his pic on Flickr (in reply to my comment that it has the wrong riding number) that he does not know who the owner is, he just happened to take the pic.

Interestingly the DVLA show 455 JOO as having a mid month DoL (should be 1st of month if a licence due date). It is also showing a 'N' Export Marker should be 'Y' if officially exported to Holland

The vehicle details for 455 JOO are:
          Date of Liability 13 09 2014
          Date of First Registration 02 04 1963
          Year of Manufacture Not Available
          Cylinder Capacity (cc) 246cc
          CO₂ Emissions Not Available
          Fuel Type PETROL
          Export Marker N
          Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
          Vehicle Colour NOT STATED
          Vehicle Type Approval Not Available
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/08/2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

In 1964 Triss Sharp was on 310 WPU

Comment

455 joo

I have recently been informed that 455 JOO is now owned by Rob Selling, presumably a relation of Fritz Selling who rode 457 JOO in the 1963 ISDT. The previous owner Rien Buitendyick acquired 455 JOO from Triss Sharp some years ago. Still does not explain the riding No 34 though. Was it Fritz Selling's riding number?
              Mr Buitendyick apparently used to run the Greeves Club in Holland between 1991 & 1999.

Comment

ISDT Greeves

455 is, or should be, Bryan Sharp's bike from '63, riding no.88. I know Rien Buitendijk bought the bike but I'm sure he told me it was from Ken Sedgley. Rien then passed it on to Frits, Rob's younger brother.
                In the ISDT no.34 was a Pole, Ferdinand Schmalz riding an SHL.

Druid

Comment

Not sure, but I'm of the opinion that Rob Selling rode on No 34 in Dutch MX. Certainly there are lots of pics of Frits riding on No. 33, so it maybe a Selling favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
                    455 is, or should be, Bryan Sharp's bike from '63, riding no.88. I know Rien Buitendijk bought the bike but I'm sure he told me it was from Ken Sedgley. Rien then passed it on to Frits, Rob's younger brother.
                    In the ISDT no.34 was a Pole, Ferdinand Schmalz riding an SHL.

Druid
                    Buitendijk is on record as saying "I buy the ISDT works bike 1963 from Triss Sharp and the bike was complete restored" his English is not good so maybe he meant that it was originally Triss Sharp's 1963 bike, not that he bought it from him. He also mentions Andrew King so maybe it was with Andrew before Ken Sedgley

Comment

Isdt

This bike went from Ken Sedgley to Rien, we had this bike on GRA stand at Stafford, it was a very poor colour match for Moorland blue. I had a bit to do with moving bikes to Rien and used to meet up with the driver of a large artic usually on Cheshire/Derbyshire border, what had this truck brought to the U.K. flowers!!

Comment

Working...
                      X