Griffon 380 1973

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Hi, figured it was time for an update on the old QUB. Much has happened but not evident if looking at the bike.
    Kenny Sykes has been brilliant as has Steve Gollings at Villiers Services.
    Then GRA members Bill Henson kindly gifted some springs for the Dzuz fasteners and John Collard supplied the correct length Dzuz fasteners.
    I have nearly finished the swing arm conversion to brass bushes (just have to ream them to take the sa bolts).
    Latest mission is to finish spoking and truing the front wheel.
    I managed to get the piston out without ruining the barrel and the gearbox is waiting for the shifter spring so it can be re-assembled.
    Slowly making progress
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161018_182543.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	60141

Comment

Come on Dave,
      How is the QUB coming on?

Comment

Lol, coming along slowly thanks mate.
        Have the swing arm in place after mods. Binding a bit on the s/a bolts but I think it will wear in over a few jumps.
        Just waiting for more parts and rear rim to lace up when they all get here and I can put the gearbox back together.
        Still mulling over the engine as the crank and rod will need some work.
        Used the old (heavily) rusted seat base to make a fibreglass base and scored a second-hand seat base out of England so that is away getting blasted and painted before getting a new cover made.
        One down side is the new front fork dust covers have split for some reason so will have to get new ones.
        I have managed to resurrect the original tank and it is now painted in a delightful shade of battleship grey which I am sure you can appreciate.
        Plan to paint it Pillar box red or could go All Black with a Silver Fern on the side???
        Attached Files

Comment

qub bore clearances

Is anyone able to enlighten me as to the piston to bore clearance for my 380 qub - and the ring gap - and the clearance for the big end.
          The barrel waill be re-bored for a 20 thou over size two-ring piston.

Comment

Spoke threading

Just wondering if anyone has threaded their own spokes. I have a Cyclo machine, but about 1 in 4 spokes get jammed in the threading die which to say the least is damned frustrating as it involves pulling the die to bits to retrieve the damaged spoke.

Comment

Working...
            X