Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRA Members - IMPORTANT NOTICE ON UPGRADING FORUM MEMBERSHIP FROM 'BASIC USER'.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian........I'd be very careful about adding that Diploma In Computing to your name....As Del-Boy Trotter once said......."We have a Director who is a DIC!"

Peter R.

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
      Thanks for the explanation Brian, it's certainly appreciated and I'm sorry to have caused the additional workload. I'm sure you guys have more than enough to contend with aside from my glib statement on the matter. The Forum is a real asset to the Club and I'll be happy to add a new post or two, once my diploma comes through.
      My pleasure mate, especially after all you've done for me! It's an important point and I was very happy to chip in, especially if it helps give you more of a feel for some of the issues involved. I think your comments we're extremely vaild, and I personally didn't find them 'glib' at all. (Now where have I seen that word before...? Oh yes, it was a banned spammer's user name, I think!!! )

Thank you for your supportive and appreciative comments about the forum Adrian, and as I've said before, having guys like you on here with us is a huge asset. Thanks mate, it means a lot.

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Rotherham View Post
        Adrian........I'd be very careful about adding that Diploma In Computing to your name....As Del-Boy Trotter once said......."We have a Director who is a DIC!"

Peter R.
        Ha ha! Very funny that one Peter, and clever!

What a great show that was eh.

If it's any consolation Adrian, for many years I was known as 'Brain' Thompson in the Leicester College telephone directory.....

Can't think why (as I'm sure everyone would agree!), but who was I to question 'authority'....Besides, I just didn't have the heart to tell them somehow...!

Mr Ploobyfroder.

Comment

Cheers both, enjoyed your take on matters and please don't worry about strange titles on my account, this narrow frame hides some deceptively broad shoulders. It has to, after some of the names I've been called in the past. Similarly to Brian, my boss also gets the i and a reversed in my christian name, thus Adrain, for all I know my nickname could well be Stinker".
          I have it in print that my DIC is approved and on it's way in the ether somewhere, not sure if it's being sent first or second class, but either way I'm delighted to be awarded such a grand title. Not sure that I'll have too much time for posting etc. I've just been for my first jog since Edinburgh in readiness for a Half Marathon event here in sunny Felixstowe in October. I don't know about sunny I got absolutely drenched, but worryingly, enjoyed it all the same.

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

User Titles

Having arranged an outreach course in basic IT here in the Village a few years ago, I attended several weeks of instruction from North Warwickshire College in a freezing village hall and obtained a Diploma In Computing Knowledge - Higher Educational Administrative Directorate.
              Needless to say, I do not publish this fact!

Comment

Membership validation

Is this still the correct email address for validation? Its just that I sent a mail to this address requesting validation and haven't heard anything, and am still listed as a basic user.

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Forum Membership Upgrade For GRA Members.

That is correct Andrew, as far as I know.

I understand that Rob is very busy with work at the moment which may explain the delay. Hopefully he will be able to sort it out for you soon.

Brian.

Comment

Andy, did you include your actual name and address in the email to Rob? He can't check if you're a member without them.

That is the right email address, Rob is about at the moment, why not give it another shot.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

forum member access

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      This is in order to access the 'members only' area. Just send me a mail as above titled GRA Forum Member Access - no need for anything else. I will validate your name against the current membership list and bestow access upon you - easy as that!
                      Cheers, Rob
                      i cannot send email to GRA to get member access I am full pay member of GRA i am graham broadhead basic user spike thanks

Comment

Spike/Graham - you are now upgraded to GRA Member! Cheers, Rob

Comment

Basic membership

Hi there no idea what I've done or not in this case asi recieved an email to register which I did put n the user name and code provided and my profile says basic memebrship ,maybe it will change some how who knows... Any body any ideas ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Vexis View Post
                            Hi there no idea what I've done or not in this case asi recieved an email to register which I did put n the user name and code provided and my profile says basic memebrship ,maybe it will change some how who knows... Any body any ideas ? Thanks
                            Hi vexis, to gain full membership, you have to pay the fee, which i think is around £22 + 4 pints of blood......actually i was joking about the blood!..................its only two pints......

Comment

GRA Forum Member Access. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ftwelder View Post
                                GRA Forum Member Access. Thank you!
                                Hopefully your upgrade will be sorted for you very soon Frank!

Comment

Working...
                                X