Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Inevitable Warm Up Round 2 Before The Inevitable Returns Inevitably.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inevitable Warm Up Round 2 Before The Inevitable Returns Inevitably.....

Yes indeed, caption comp fans......just when you both thought it was all over for another year...or at least hoped it was.....another one appears, just like the bus that you eventually realise stops on the other side of the road to the one you are waiting at........

As the word spreads throughout Greeves World that 'It's On!' for another year, with all the urgency and speed of a 2,000 year old glacier carving out a new valley in a mountain range, I felt it could be helpful to provide a little extra bonus round for everyone to have a go at before we progress to this year's 'Final!'.....

This time, the amazing Derry Preston-Cobb and his incredible 'Full Works Invacar' provide a shining example of how a positive spirit and a well honed sense of humour can overcome the worst of life's obstacles.....That, and a works tuned engine, high comp square barrel, 'spannie, paddle hub brakes etc etc....what a legend he truly was.

Right then, to get things rolling.....

"Hang on Derry....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Don't open the taps just yet...!! Ha Ha HAAAA Ha Haa HAAA!! The nitrous hose has come off the bottle...!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

OK folks, over to you.....

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/12/2016, 12:52 AM. Reason: Pics attached.

I`ll have a go later mate, but just for the records, do we have the frame number?

Comment

Worth Framing.....

.....dunno mate, but if you fancy having a check yourself.......I hear we're up to Volume Nine now......

bRiAn.
      Attached Files

Comment

a fine body of work........who`s the author

Comment

Meanwhile.....back at the compo.....

"Press the horn again Derry.......yep, the brake light keeps coming on..... Hang on a minute.....don't tell me the lads in the comp shop actually used that strange Dr Higgo fella's 'comedy wiring diagram'....".....

Derry; "But he said he was from the future....and he left in a Police Phonebox that just vanished into thin air....along with a load of 'spares' from round the back of the chicken run.....can the lads make me one?!"

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/12/2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Right there Laddie , bugger the lights not working , chocks away for a quick blast up to Southend , and i wont spare what horses we have in the engine compartment either, get a brew on i wont be long if i am not back in half an hour ,send the lads out to tip me up the right way!!! yet again

Comment

Sound's about right.....!!

Nice one Dicky, and historically accurate as well, I'd say.....!!

Brian.

Comment

" Your lap times are down Derry ", said sharp suit eddie whilst unlocking the back ramp, " are you sure you turned on the nitrous emu oil injector " ....

Comment

" Derry, we had to bring you back into the pits.......you`ve ran over a squirell up at the hanger straight....worse still!...i think the old rider was still on it "........

Comment

BorisLube Premium R Rated.....

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                    " Your lap times are down Derry ", said sharp suit eddie whilst unlocking the back ramp, " are you sure you turned on the nitrous emu oil injector " ....
                    Derry; "Yes, of course I did!!!"

Eddie; ".......yes, I've just caught a wiff of the fumes and I'm about to keel over......."

Comment

You no use to me lad, dressed up like a dogs dinner, come on give us a good push , no not into the shed!! i will try second and a big handful when she fires?? look out Bert !!!!

Comment

Look out for the chickens Derry.....!!

Haaaa!!! Good one Dicky! Keep up the good work men!

Brian.

Comment

Gaffa, The Choice Of The Experts....!!

"I must say Derry, this new fangled 'Gaffa Tape' is rather good.....it'll stick to anything!"

Derry; "Yes, and we should only need another two rolls to get it through the MOT....!"

Brian.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/12/2016, 11:33 PM. Reason: Pic re-attached for ease of reference....

Comment

The Missing Link!

The ill-fated model 24TBS .......... didn't quite cut it as a trials bike, so we put an extra back wheel on it and called it "Invacar".

Comment

The Return Of The Legendary TBS.....!!

Hi John!

Excellent!!!

....actually, I think you may be on to something there mate.......now, if only we can persuade Higgo to start going through the frame numbers.....

Thanks for disturbing The Brothers hibernation by the way....top job Jonah!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                              X