Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Inevitable Warm Up Round Before The Inevitable Return Of The Inevitable......!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inevitable Warm Up Round Before The Inevitable Return Of The Inevitable......!!

Greetings caption comp fan!

Well.....following the kind comments and requests posted on the forum for some suitably Greeves flavoured traditional forum festive merryment, I can report that as result I have since been bombarded with a dizzying number of responses..........but I'm afraid I'm going to have to let the three of you know that I'm going to do it anyway............

As it's been a while since we last ventured forth onto the slippery slopes of comedic oblivion, I thought it would be a good idea to begin this year's season of sillyness with a warm-up round so that you can tone up those chuckle muscles and exercise that 50 shore rated wit in readyness for the 'main event'......

And so, my fellow humourists, finally (!) we arrive at the object of our deliberations......This wonderful pic shows a determined Brian Trott finding grip in some seriously snotty conditions, and demonstrating a fair bit of style in the process. What a geat shot!

To get the ball rolling then, my interest was drawn to the two gentleman spectating......(I would like to dedicate this one to my mate Dicky Faggetter who provided the inspiration.....!)

Bloke on the right; "I say Sir Bernard, I do wish you would stop these noisy hooligans from tearing around your land on their ridiculous contraptions! It's causing a great deal of distress to my gerbil and the wife has dropped no end of stitches from the jumper she's trying to knit for me...I wish we'd never moved here!!'

Sir Bernard; 'Have you got ANY IDEA how much money I'm getting for this event....??!!!! Now b*gger off before I put your rent up!!!"

Over to you chaps....and have fun!

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/12/2016, 08:56 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

off we go then

Fix a race!....never!....but that trip wire across the track will slow the leader down sir Bernard..........

Comment

"Yup, if we just push the line of the track out a smidgeon each time he comes around, it'll save me hitchin' the plough to the little Fergie ........... "

Comment

Nice one johno....
        Don`t keep opening your mac, every time a rider comes round sir Bernard, besides, its much to cold to have any impact........

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
          Nice one johno....
          Don`t keep opening your mac, every time a rider comes round sir Bernard, besides, its much to cold to have any impact........
          Cracking walnuts with your butt cheeks isn't as easy as you said it was Fred

Comment

Struggling for grip in the wet mud.....Brian trotts toupee gives up & starts to slide backwards.......
            Last edited by dave higgins; 11/12/2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

A great start chaps...!

Brilliant stuff!!

Nice to see you joining in too Stuart, ya rascal....

How about.....

"Are you sure this is going to work Sir....?"

"YES! OF COURSE IT WILL!! LOOK.....IT MOVED A BIT!! As long as the string doesn't break he'll have the Rolls dragged out of the car park in a jiffy!"

C'mon then you lot, lets have some more then.....!!

Brian.
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/12/2016, 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling...!!

Comment

ScccccccREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's making a funny noise sir....."

"Yes!! 17,000 rpm!!.....it's gonna blow, it's gonna blow......!!" Sir Bernard exclaimed, with all the excitement of a three year old.....

Brian pressed on regardless.....

Brian.

Comment

Nicholas Lindhurst is showing his age these days.....

"What's so funny Del Boy....?"

"I bet him £20 that he couldn't clean the Bedford Van, but what he doesn't know is it's actually HIS Bedford van......."

"That's not very sporting Del...."

"Shut up Rodney, you plonka....."

Brian.

Comment

Fond memories of August in Cumbria?

"Same time, same place for another Nostalgia meeting next year?"

Comment

Please Note; Period Clothing Is MANDATORY for competitors and Spectators alike...!!

Have you been 'borrowing' the TARDIS again John.....have you...??!

Great stuff Jonah....keep up the good work mate!

Brian.

Comment

Where's Boris......

"It's making an awful lot of smoke Sir Bernard, and smell is ghastly....."

"That's because I swopped his Castrol R with Emu Oil......oh, what fun!!"

"But the smell is ghastly Sir Bernard....."

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/12/2016, 09:04 PM. Reason: Pic re-attached for ease of reference....

Comment

Observer one to observer two: "Good idea to count your fingers - you'll need them all if he falls off and scores a five!"
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

I say old chap, look at the concentration on his face, salt of the earth you know these Trials Chappies, are you sure Bernard i think he may be frozen stiff, the weather has been bad and frosty since 1960, i believe it is traditional fact that they all hurry back to the start, when it gets this cold ,Landlords love these blokes profits are the best all year.

Comment

The Test Ride Was Going Awfully Well.....(A Christmas Fable.)

"Do you think he'll actually buy it Sir Bernard....?"

"Oh course he will Jeeves!! Ever since Smithers found it buried in that pond round the back of the estate it's just been cluttering up the stables (and making that funny smell...) and that notebook he found stuffed in the toolbox with the initials 'BGS' on the cover proves that it is been severely 'tampered' with, especially the engine....it's hardly going to be any good now, is it. To be honest I'll just be glad to get shot of the damn thing, and it's the easiest fourteen guineas I've ever made....and he said he'll pay cash! I say Jeeves, there's one born every minute....'

Brian tried to stay calm and got ready to haggle.....

(....if only, eh....!)

Brian.
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/12/2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling....

Comment

Working...
                              X