Cumbrian Classic August 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cumbrian Classic August 21st

Dave Harper has put on a brilliant effort for the Greeves Championship for this event.
    Will someone please put it on the front of the website.
    Thanks

OOPS,
    Now I feel like a prick after reading the front of the web page

Comment

A good reminder though that the countdown has begun !!!

Hi Craig ,
      A good reminder that the countdown has begun and a rally call. To all Greeves riders to try and take part in this unique event with Greeves Headlining as the theme for this years Nostalgia trial and Scramble.
      If you haven't got an entry in yet it can be done on line at the AMCA website .
      Contact me if u need any assistance ...
      Our glorious leader Rob and Dangerous Dick will be there
      Pm me if you are entered or going
      Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi Kim,

I went on the AMCA website and it showed?

19 August 2016

Online Booking Status: The event is not available to book.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tony

Comment

Mr whippy rides again!

Hi all, just to say, my ice cream van will be in attendance at sedbergh all over the w/end.
          Any gra member traveling up from the south will be entitled to a free " daves double whip " as a reward, ( subject to conditions, all applicants must be over 40 & accompanied by both great grand parents )...............
          Seriously though, its going to be a cracker & as has been pointed out by that funny little irish chap....... all thanks go to dave harper & co for going the extra mile to get this gig on................ thanks from me..........

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            Hi Kim,

I went on the AMCA website and it showed?

19 August 2016

Online Booking Status: The event is not available to book.

Am I doing something wrong?

Tony
            Tony I just tried again and it is still open for the motocross ... Note it is 21st August not 19th. May be different for the trials on sat 20th ... Not sure if that is on line or manual .cheers Kim

Comment

Just sent you a pm

Comment

You need to look under the Scrambles heading, rather than Motocross.
                John A - 268

Comment

Cumbria Classic - News Flash

A quick update - having spoken to Dave Harper - with some exciting news ...

As a reminder the special theme of the whole Nostalgia meeting is all things GREEVES and already we have many members looking to take part in the SSDT road run on the Friday, the Trials on the Saturday...AND we have several members who are joining the Greeves Championship boys on the Sunday.

In addition to that - on the Saturday in the Marquee there will be a classic bike display - which will include All types of Greeves - Road, Trials, Road Race as well as scramblers - Dave Harper has requested that as many GRA members show there bikes as possible in the Marquee on Saturday ............

So you ask yourself what more could possibly add to what will be probably the best Greeves gathering since the 50th Anniversary ??

Dave has also organised over 15 ex works Greeves Riders to attend the event !!!!

So as an example - if your Greeves heroes were , Vic Allen 5 times British motocross champion or Alan Clough multiple British motocross champion or Freddie Mayes 1966 250 British Champion and Dick Clayton, Griffon works rider or maybe for the trials enthusiasts Bill and Mick Wilkinson (Bill was the last British bike winner of the Scottish 6 day trial 1969 – on of course a Greeves whilst Mick was an Gold medal ISDT winner) Then I suggest you head up to the Lakes for this event !!!.

Dave Harper is personally excited that his own early racing heroes, Ron and Morris Tait will be attending...and for me - as a midland Scrambles fan - my hero Terry Challinor will be there and many more besides (maybe also the odd non ex Greeves rider )
                  Many of you will also remember ex works Greeves rider Mike Jackson who will be the master of ceremonies to introduce the riders

Back to the racing plans - as I mentioned several GRA members in addition to the regulars will be joining in the TDS Greeves Championship racing on the Sunday (supported by Terry from TDS and the spares van) . We will be arranging as many spare Greeves Scramblers as we can muster - so if you also fancy joining in the fun drop me a PM and I can assist with machines and entries.
                  There will also be free camping for the whole event
                  Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you all there at the Nostalgia !!
                  Cheers Kim
                  Greeves Scrambles Rep

Comment

Hi kim, there is a very good chance i may me without a bike to ride at the event, hopefully i can sleeve & machine my crankcases by then, but its always good to have a back up plan......

Comment

Going to be along day if they ride the SSDT route Kim...I think you mean ISDT route! I went up there 3 years ago for the 100 year anniversary and it's all but covered in tarmac now, but spectacular in the views and climbs department.

Comment

Would love to join you all there, Kim, but "Nellie" (my Hawkstone!) is playing up, still. Have a great weekend, all, and please pass on my apologies to Dave, Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                          Going to be along day if they ride the SSDT route Kim...I think you mean ISDT route! I went up there 3 years ago for the 100 year anniversary and it's all but covered in tarmac now, but spectacular in the views and climbs department.
                          Only one letter out ! Thanks for correction 😀

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                            Would love to join you all there, Kim, but "Nellie" (my Hawkstone!) is playing up, still. Have a great weekend, all, and please pass on my apologies to Dave, Kim.
                            We can find u a bike to ride... You will missed ..will pass your regards to Dave .... Who by the way informed me his Op was a big success and he is full of beans prepping bikes etc
                            Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim. I have booked my entry for the Greeves event. All I need now is a 1960-ish Greeves Hawkstone, please, to match what I have entered online.
                              Please confirm ASAP so that I may book B&B for the weekend, and perhaps longer.
                              Thanks again.
                              JR #461
                              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 07/08/2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X