Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inevitably, The Return Of The Inevitable Festive Season Caption Competion Warm-Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inevitably, The Return Of The Inevitable Festive Season Caption Competion Warm-Up!

Greetings fellow caption comp fan! I have kept you (both) waiting long enough, and in response to the many requests I have recieved, I'm afraid I'm going to post another one anyway....

Having now started on the second floor of the 'Thompson Towers Gallery', a little light excavation has happily uncovered some more pictorial content from the 'Lost Scrolls of Thundesley' for me to present for our communal delectation and questionable rhetoric. Treat this as a little 'festive season opener', a delicate yet robust trifle of historic merriment, a chance to dust off those jokes and missives that only your true brethren on this forum will have any chance of understanding and truly appreciating, thus saving you from further chagrin when it's your turn to pull the cracker at the Christmas dinner table. Simply then a chance to get 'race fit' and fully fettled in readiness for the main event(s) to follow....

And so, my fine fellow chucklers, to the task in hand. Yes, let us stroll once more down that culdesac of missed opportunities, that lonely path of 'internal ribbing' (TM JR, thanks mate!) known only to the faithful and couragously foolhardy, that road of unpaved mirth and despair that is our version of 'entertainment'.

Have fun everyone!

Here's a lovely pic (so obviously full of warmth and good humour) of BGS, OBG and Jack Simpson, prior to setting off for the ISDT (not sure what year it is though....can you help please Colin? It's always nice to put these lovely old pics in their proper historic context.)

To get you all started then.....

Bert; "Great idea to grease the loading ramp up with all that lard from the canteen Brian.....do you reckon we should have told the apprentices though....?"

Jack; "THAT'S MY BIKE.......!!!!!!"

Over to you chaps......

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/12/2014, 10:02 AM. Reason: Better quality pic attached.

It's 1958 and they're just about to depart to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for the ISDT. On the trailer behind Bert's Ford V8 Pilot is 5 LHK (Simpson's bike), 6 LHK (Stonebridge's bike) and 7 LHK (taken along as a spare and for Bert to use to follow the trial). Works teams travelled in style in those days!

The result? Gold Medal for Brian Stonebridge, Simpson retired hurt on day five.

This was the first year that the factory actively supported the ISDT, and the marque's second Gold Medal.

Can't think of a caption tho'...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Bert's ingenuity came to the fore yet again as following the cost of producing 3 ISDT entries, little of the firm's meagre resources remained to pay for fuel for the trip.

Jack takes another sharp intake of breath as Brian, seemingly happy with the attachment, applauds his master:

"Good idea to use that old wartime gas bag on the roof to power our trip abroad Mr Greeves, but how many more days do we have to eat sprout vindaloo 3 times a day and stay connected to this thing?"

Comment

Inevitabley, The Return of The Inevitable Festive Season Competition Warm-up!

:confused Stop laughing Brian. Well Bert how long do you reckon we will have to wait ! that hole in the road has been open for a week now!!

Comment

Jack tells the waiting press...that its not true bert never wants to buy a round on these foriegn trips!...its just that he has a short arm & long pockets...
          Sorry...but i have a peforated chuckle muscle....

Comment

Bert's first impression of Dave?

It's that young Bickers over there, isn't it Brian, still messing about on that unicycle. Don't know what he's trying to prove. Tell him I've got no use for a circus act, and send him on his way .....................
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 05/12/2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: Title added

Comment

Bert & jack laugh off rumours, of using guy martin as a bs riding double....

Comment

Ahh....the slide to comedic oblivion begins again.....

An excellent start gentlemen. Good to see the old GRA wit in full flow....well, half of it anyway......

Now....if we can get someone to waft some 'Essence Of Emu Oil' under the Dickerson Brothers' noses......??? Who is the most responsible adult here with a Hazardous Material Handling Licence....??? I'm not asking Dicky F again, not after the last time...!!!

Brian.

(PS; Thanks for the additional info Colin, now where's your caption....?!!)
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/12/2014, 08:19 AM. Reason: Additional drivel...!!

Comment

Emu input

Probably down to me then, Brian?
                  I've just shaken their bottles ..............

Comment

Takin' one for the team.....

Cheers John....it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it....

Please, be careful.......

Brian.

Comment

Hi Brian, Can't resist a challenge, but the brain cell is a bit sluggish this time of year.

Try these from Jack....

"I don't where you got that kipper tie from Bert, but I should do that jacket up before the fashion police notice it"

or....

"Just act normal chaps and perhaps Customs won't spot all that contraband gear we've got on the roof"

or....

"I don't know about you two, but I think this pose looks perfect for the press release in Gay Biker magazine".

Sorry guys but the Emu oil is a bit viscous this time of year!

Have a great weekend all.
                      Last edited by ADickerson; 05/12/2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Brian thanks for bringing me out of hibernation for a brief spell cannot really add much to the pearlers already submitted, its a toughie but here goes

The sole representative from The Beverley Hillbillies stood open mouthed......
                        as the announcement for the BBC's light entertainment programme of the year was unbelievably awarded to Leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze !

Yes off course it's Cracker Jack:

Sorry boys I'll drift gently back inti Hiber and hopefully re a merge next spring

Punchy
                        Punchy 336

Comment

The Return Of The Inevitable Kipper Ties.

Hi Adrian, Rob,

Thank you for those splendid contributions chaps, I can see you still have the touch!

Great to see that you're still around guys, thanks for joining in.

I suppose I'd better add one while I'm at it.....

Brian to Bert; Yep, I reckon Derry has really got the hang of those fourth gear wheelies now....!

Jack; You can't do that in an Invacar......!!!!

Brian.
                          Attached Files

Comment

But......I thought it was his wallet........

Before departing 'the practice area' and embarking upon Round #1 of this years dubious festive celebration of internal ribbing proper, I thought I would post this little gem for your further consideration, as you dust off those miscreant missives and loosen up those chuckle muscles with the linament of your choice....

Once again, can't tell you much about this pic, who the gentleman is on BGS's right (my best guess is Jaromir Cizek) or when and where it was taken. However, naturally, I do have a caption to start the ball rolling.....

How about.....

Brian was very pleased with his latest invention, the 'Pocket Metalastik Mousetrap', and the satisfying 'thunk' sound it made as he operated the remote deployment switch on the o/s handlebar.

The guy after his wallet tried manfully to keep a straight face, as the blinding pain spread slowly up through his fingers, desperate not to let on that he'd been well and truly caught 'red fingered'.....

Brian.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                              Hi Adrian, Rob,

Thank you for those splendid contributions chaps, I can see you still have the touch!

Great to see that you're still around guys, thanks for joining in.

I suppose I'd better add one while I'm at it.....

Brian to Bert; Yep, I reckon Derry has really got the hang of those fourth gear wheelies now....!

Jack; You can't do that in an Invacar......!!!!

Brian.
                              I think that the blue is too light.

Comment

Working...
                              X