X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks tey 25th May

Hi all
    What a day!!!!!!!
    It didn't start off great with our trailer shearing the wheel nuts off on the way to the meeting then as you all know be know the old man had a bit of a moment with the robes and stakes.
    Good news he's fine broken toe and thumb also nearly broke his hip but just hyper extended it
    In his words I feel like I've been run over lol
    Many thanks to St John's for looking after the old man and thank you to everyone who helped us on the day
    Cheers to Arthur for taking my bike home for me but I swear the engine looks like a bantam engine.......
    Anyway can't wait for the next one

Griffon slayer

Tumble

Pleased to hear your Dad is ok Slayer apart from the broken digits , he wasn't alone coming off there, that bit of the track caught several of us out
    It was wide open and fast so the big beasties had a decent advantage.
    It was quite interesting to see that a few also shed chains along this section although thankfully no resulting lockups or offs as a result as far as Im aware

It was good to see Vicars Grip going well on the 360 challenger and The Friar out on his fiery Hawkstone. A much fuller line up of Greeves this time, 29 listed in the programme, 3mds, 8 Hawkstones, 7 challengers the remaining griffons so it bodes well for the Grand National on June 15th when we're back at Marks Tey.
    Bob was bang on form flying out of the start on his immaculate highly polished 380 an absolute pleasure to see, 3 cracking starts aswell I believe. He was keen to show his track dismantling efforts were no fluke and managed it once again with aplomb in the 2nd Greeves race

Oh dear Looks like more cracked ribs for you know who
    Punchy 336

Comment

Hi All,

The course was indeed very quick and bumpy, My Legs and Arms still ache

I phoned your Dad yesterday Rich, he said he was on the mend and up for the Grand National!!

Me and Dad have entered that aswell!!

It was nice catching up with you all on Sunday, I also enjoyed beating Bob in both races (I think I must Thank my 360! its a very potent machine)

Punchy was having a fine day aswell, That 250 Griffon was going very well, I had a job keeping The Griffon Slayer behind me in the second champship race on that buzzin hawkstone.......

Looking for to Fathers Day now, racing at Marks Tey!!

Regards

Scott

Comment

Thanks to everyone who rang the old man he really appreciates it.....

As for him being at the grand national all I can say is mum has had few words on the subject and he will be there but in a Griffon slayer chief mechanic role only lol......

Comment

Grand National

Rich,
          Please pass on best wishes to your dad and glad he is on mend .

Punchy I recon you should put on your body armour before leaving your house on 25th !!

Scotty you were flying on that challenger !

Struggling to get a bike together for 25th. QUB struggled at marks tey and was well down on compression. Following Dave Harpers advice I took head and barrel off QUB and big and little ends buggerred and needs rebore and piston .... And am not sue mrs M is ready to invest in that lot ... So will need to sort clutch on 250 ( Bob can rebuild it ... Yes he can ) and join Punchy in the lightweight class !!!
          Looking forward to another hopefully big turnout for the Grand National
          See you all there
          Cheers Bob
          Last edited by Kim275; 04/06/2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Don't leave it until the 25th, Kim, or you'll have missed it all by 10 days. Rob is looking forward to seeing you again on the 15th. Go easy on those fond embraces, by the way. Folk are starting to talk!

Comment

Good point JR

Yup 15th indeed .... A busy weekend of bob the builder coming ip to get prepped . Hope to seeyou there on 15rh but font bring the rain !!!
              Cheers , take care Kim

Comment

Working...
              X