Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer 100 mile scramble 2014

Another one done and dusted, then?
    Report-back is a bit slow coming through. Any good reason for that, please?

tongue-in-cheek-of-burstall

Rumour has it it did'nt

Comment

Well we finished

Fair to say it was tough . Hawkstone heroes excelled them selves in tricky conditions and went on to complete 6.5 laps !! And we weren't last !
      Just before start and after the sidecars had dug some trenches ... Heavens opened big time .
      Higgo on his Grebsa was looking good after 4 laps then went AWOL

A Marshall recovered his bib and transponder
      I started Evans bike broke the kickstart and gave him a bump start
      He didn't return for a while in fact he did half a lap . And now goes by the name of Arthur !
      I set off and on second lap met a pile up reminiscent of Runnacles mount . Took me 20 mins to get unstuck and complete the lap.
      Further embarrassment was avoided due to race being red flagged . More bikes stuck on track than in pits . Tom our 4th rider and team mascot stayed clean !!
      We retired to beers and piss taking .... Mainly at Arfurs expense !!!
      What a day being on next year !

Comment

I presume the iced water was not needed then?????

Comment

Respect, Kim! To yourself and the rest of the team for even venturing out onto the track in those conditions. We're all proud of you, Suffolk'n'Proud!

How was Runnacles Mount? Did it live up to its reputation?

On the point of p-taking, if its any consolation, I have lived with it now for 3 years ................... ever since that fateful day on that very same track. Am I exonerated now, please ..................... just a little bit?

John R

Comment

Hawkstone Heroes

Well done Bob! Higgo ,Arfur & Tom such a relief it wasn't me who had to endure failing to get past 'Runnacles Mount" again! It brings back. Unforgettable memories

That rain dance John has been doing all week certainly paid off and surely it's should now be 'Runnacles Revenge' or does that sound like a dodgy curry?

What with track dismantling last week and bike breaking this week Kim you're living up to your reputation 'Bob' ........ can he fix it?

In view of this and concern for my welfare I've withdrawn my MTey entry

Poor Arfur he's only had that bike since 1962
            Punchy 336

Comment

Thanks Rob.

I preferred your original recipe, "Runnacles Revenge ........ best served moist"!

For the record, proper name of the incline is Runnacles (dis-)Mount, by the way ........... or should that be "in the way"?

Think I'll be sticking to the banjo ............ you go to M/Tey if you like!

kimdodger

Comment

I SURVIVED THE MORTIMER CLASSIC
                What a day....😄
                Conditions where as bad as the chaps said they was and I am still cleaning the mud of today......
                Punchy mentioned kims knack of breaking both his bikes and Evans but I did recieve a Facebook message says he had fixed his clutch and is raring to go...........having said that I am concerned that if I am too close to him he might break my bike too.....

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
                  Well done Bob! Higgo ,Arfur & Tom such a relief it wasn't me who had to endure failing to get past 'Runnacles Mount" again! It brings back. Unforgettable memories

That rain dance John has been doing all week certainly paid off and surely it's should now be 'Runnacles Revenge' or does that sound like a dodgy curry?

What with track dismantling last week and bike breaking this week Kim you're living up to your reputation 'Bob' ........ can he fix it?

In view of this and concern for my welfare I've withdrawn my MTey entry

Poor Arfur he's only had that bike since 1962
                  Yes and even then he bought it second hand!!..........He muttered something about Kim its not your fault there are signs of chrystalisation. (whatever that means ) ..but he still had a tear in his eye..........

John I Think some absolution is appropriate (but not all ) Runnacles Mount was pretty treacherous and of course saw off Arfur Kickstart !!..but not as bad as Higgo's Hill Descent [top to bottom in a foot of mud with any one of 10 ruts to try and run down ...none of which Higgo chose and decided to just run over the poor fella in front !! literally ] and Morley's Mound next to Bob's Bog on the far side of the track - which eventually caused the Red flag. .....

Following day was also a wash out - My clutch was destroyed from my assault on Morley's Mound and made me a DNS.......only 11 started the first Greeves race out of 19 entries ..less finished and even Matt Valentine had to jump on his second Griffon ...not sure how many started the last one - as I was heading home to Fix it ...yes I CAN ready to resume hostilities at Marks Tey !!

Comment

Thanks Kim. Is there any news of Dave H, yet, or have you all left him behind buried in all that mud?

Comment

Higgo survived

John,
                      Higgo went AWOL but mysteriously turned up in beer tent just as I was about to buy a round !

Comment

Well Done Lads

Good Job Lads,

Shame the weather was the usual Mortimer rain..... Runnacles dismount with never be forgotten, not by me anyway, that fateful day of carnage will be with etched in my mind forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im looking forward to catching up with you all at Marks Tey in 2 weeks, I think ive forgotten how to ride a Greeves

See you all soon.

Vicars Grip #151

The Friar will also be in attendance with his long socks!!!!

Comment

You are alive then Scott! !!!!!
                          You never forget how to ride a greeves mate be good to see you..... the old man is on a hawkstone too so there's a couple of father/teams for the meeting

Looking forward to marks tey
                          Griffon slayer

Comment

Working...
                          X