Sad news to pass on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news to pass on

It is with a very sad heart that I have to tell you that my Dad - Monty Banks Jnr, whom some of you may know, passed away peacefully last Friday 8th December in Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford. His funeral will be on the 29th December.

Should anyone require further info I can be contacted at iainrbanks at gmail dot com.

Sorry to hear about that, Iain. Condolences to you and your family on your sad loss.

Ian

Comment

Hi Iain,

I didn't know Monty, but please accept my sincere condolences..........starider.

Comment

Iain
        I knew your dad from when he used to come along to the Cambridge Section Meetings when we met a Barton (sadly I have had to close the section as we were no longer getting a viable attendance)
        Back then your dad was very active and still doing the restorations of some of the bikes we spoke about on the phone yesterday. He came several times and although he lived at Bishops Stortford at the time he was prepared to travel 25 miles or so to meet up. We did not see him again after he moved to Clacton.
        Again my condolences to you and your family & pleased to hear that you are retaining your grandfathers (Monty senior) 1961 ISDT bike 906 CXM

JW

Comment

I met Monty Jr at the Battlesbridge Show a few years back an we had a good chat about the ISDT bike he had with him. A real gent! R I P.

Comment

That is sad news, Iain, please accept my condolences.

Nice guy your dad, and a reliable supporter of our Battlesbridge events for many years.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news..

My Father and uncles have many fond memories of Monty Banks and we all met Monty Jnr at Battlesbridge a few years ago..

Condolences to the Banks family..

Regards

Scott Chappell

Comment

Working...
              X