No announcement yet.

2017 Mortimer Team Race ... Who is in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Brian , a day out , senior moment i mean, Friday, regards Confused dot com

Comment

OK see you all there Sat am. Will have to leave before the ritual burning ceremony as I have been seconded to a job on a 4 wheel event on Sunday.

Comment

Last year, a lot of people wanted to buy teeshirts when when we only had polo's and sweatshirts!

So, specially for this year, the GRA has invested its meagre resources into teeshirts, both long and short-sleeved. A further consignment arrived here yesterday. We have some blue, Fruit of the Loom, top quality, no expense spared long-sleeved and big enough to go over armour! They will be on sale at very special, extra low prices to Greeves riders in the 100 miler!

Short-sleeved available in black, grey, navy and a couple of dark green left, again at very special, extra low, impoverished scrambler prices! Fruit of the Loom again too except for one extra cheap example (too small for you Kim!)

Buy them quick before I set fire to them (and myself) in yet another incredibly stupid BBQ mishap! The GRA shop will be open in the camping area over the weekend for sale of goodies including the mega van stickers! Look for the sail flags to find us (or try the beer tent!)

Comment

I have two spare entry tickets for GRA members attending to pit crew duties.

Rob, put me down for two long sleeve shirts. One normal size for my son and one FB size for me.

Comment

Can I book a ticket please? How do we do it?

Comment

Hi Craig, I'm on pit crew duty too so ticket would be appreciated. Just about to set off darn sarf to pick up my griffon motor from Steve at Villiers Services (squeals like an excited schoolgirl) and spend a couple of hours rooting through their well organised part department for a gearbox main cover (wish me luck). Then trot on down to t' Mortimer. Looking forward to a top weekend. Paul

Comment

See you all there early in morning

Ref spare tickets - message from Dicky - if you pay a fiver on the gate on entry and then get a ticket off riders- you can then get a refund at the gate.
                Cheers Kim

Comment

What a fantastic weekend the Mortimer 100 miler proved to be. Great to put faces to forum names, meet new people and reacquaint with old. And what a great laugh the organised chaos of the 100 mile relay event on the Saturday turned out to be. Well done riders, pit crews and all involved.

Craig, let us know how Josh is getting on after his fall. Bouncing around in the van all the way back to NI with a suspected dislocated shoulder is no-ones idea of fun. And the lad was riding like a demon too. Give him my regards and I wish him a speedy recovery.

And what about the grudge race of the century. McCoster vs Morley, they both talked the talk but could they walk the walk. On the Saturday night it was like the pre fight circus before a heavyweight boxing title fight - much potty mouthing and questioning of parentage (there may have been alcohol involved) but circumstances prevented this much anticipated showdown. Perhaps next year gents, a damn fine reason to attend.

Comment

We have evidence of some spectacular riding......I'm not sure what fuel was in the Challenger, but it was probably high octane or proof!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Firstly the important news Latest reports on Jos are his shoulder is not as bad as thought and he is expected to make a full recovery ( just watch out for BSA bully boys next time)

What a laugh and we even came in 14th out of 29 teams
                      Thanks to all of our pit crew and especially Soggy for his pilgrimage from some coal mine he lives in up north ! As u said we had a lot of fun . Big thanks to Rob Dick and Jack who worked tirelessly on the GRA stand as well as fixing bikes and helping in the pits

McCoster Morley re match will be Ballyblack in June then every other damn race meeting we are both at until he finally accepts defeat 😂😂
                      Some colour to the last photo as Craig was singeing about riding with a mere broken ankle he dodged his last stint so Jos did back to back stint 3 on the 250 griffon and then the last one on my "400" GriffonQUB . Brian u managed to capture the ONLY shot of Jos with both wheels on the ground .... He put in a fantastic last stint for us... On one of the countries most technical race tracks, A scrambling star of the future for sure

Comment

A great weekend for the GRA ,best social atmosphere as well,the pre racing wined ups around the fire , in ! not outside of it thought the roof would catch fire with the log fire blazing , and Higgos brickets when we ran out of trees to find, The 100 miler was a cracker with the 3 Greeves teams we had, i will put a report in the next LL and thank all who contributed to the weekends success, nice to hear Josh is not a s bad as first diagnosed .

Comment

Josh has had a relapse due to the kicking I gave him when I seen how bad the bike is.

Comment

Glad to hear Josh is..... was well on the mend. Well done guys on your weekend, fourteenth place it may have been and no mean achievement there, but you all had a brilliant time into the bargain. Just goes show that judicious use of tie wraps, gaffer tape and Jamiesons do have their rewards. Maybe we need to get copious stocks of all in for next years event. Hawkstone Heroes had a great time too and quietly pleased with surviving the three hours intact finishing 23rd. Due to call offs they were down to just two of the original team with one of the machines loaned to another team for a couple of sessions also. Thanks must go to the pit crew who worked so well together and especially to Dick F for getting all the bikes running and to the line in readiness for each rider. We'll be back next year with a "full" team hopefully. Congratulations to the Two Smokers who had a great time and may even have pipped Greeves and Mortimer by one place.
                            Greeves Four Smokers topped us all by finishing a very creditable 6th. A great effort!

Comment

Maybe history needs to record that the team that came 23rd had the least number of Greeves entered. We won't go into what actually happened on the day, but even among our competitors, substitute riders and bikes were seen. On one team, they all seemed to be riding bikes with 699 on.....probably a tribute to Ian Cox's preparation!

Comment

What a great event this is, it just gets better every year, mainly thanks to all the good people that get behind it, which is why i am posting this....a big thanks to everyone who rode, ran, orgainised, or generally, just took the p**s.
                                The event is about team spirit & our teams, had it in bucket loads, so well done guys, lets do it all again next year............

Comment

Working...
                                X