Cumbrian Classic August 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
    Great video! I'm sure MX Acadamies all over the world will be copying that to show to admiring pupils....
    Yes Brian,
    Perfect example of how to act the arse and fall off

Comment

OK that was funny, but the chase and overtaking were great!

Comment

Many thanks Kim, Tony and Craig for your reports on the weekend all very much appreciated. Glad to learn of a good time for all but judging by Craig's video I think Tony may have missed out on much of the fun, but as he says there's always another time. Well done Craig for finishing ahead of Kim, no mean achievement as I can well testify. Hopefully will catch up with a few more tales this coming weekend at Maylandsea.
        Thanks to Dave H and Geoff for their organisation and support, for sure it wouldn't, couldn't happen without them!

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
          Many thanks Kim, Tony and Craig for your reports on the weekend all very much appreciated. Glad to learn of a good time for all but judging by Craig's video I think Tony may have missed out on much of the fun, but as he says there's always another time. Well done Craig for finishing ahead of Kim, no mean achievement as I can well testify. Hopefully will catch up with a few more tales this coming weekend at Maylandsea.
          Thanks to Dave H and Geoff for their organisation and support, for sure it wouldn't, couldn't happen without them!
          Hi Adrian,
          I only found out on Sunday about your ankle, hope you recover soon as I missed the close racing we always have. Not like those other guys who are easy to pass on their 380's

Comment

Thanks for good wishes Craig, occupational hazard I guess. Shame 'cos I was really enjoying the Gosfield circuit. Think I may have been trying to keep up with you.

Comment

Adrian - Best wishes from me as well - looking forward o catching up at MAylandsea ...to share the real story of the legend that is Craig McCoster "styling it like" DeCoster

Now all i need to do is fix some bikes on Saturday ...

One thing that I omitted to mention in my report is the amazing feats of the Feet up folks on Saturday - who had it by far harder than we did on the Sunday with the Scramble by riding in the worst storm in living memory in the lakes (according to the locals) ..........In addition to Tony's heroic efforts, young Josh McCoo made his trials debut - and Graeme and Wayward Hayward stuck it through as well ...Well done chaps

Comment

Nice day on Saturday apart from weather. Couldn't do the trial as I was somewhat overgeared and had the wrong tyres for the scramble so had to take the bike home unused. Good to see Rob and meet Dave Harper anyway. Dogsbody

Comment

And thanks Colin for display of the Dilverstone in the Marquee on Saturday ... Star of the show and cheered us up on a rainy day

Comment

You are welcome Kim. Pity I couldn't do Sunday as I would like to have seen a few more people. Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      Hard to some up just how good the Nostalgia was !
                      For a start on Saturday the heavens opened big time ..... In what our B&B host says it's the worst summer storm he has ever seen !!!
                      Despite the Esther Dave Harper and Chairman Erob battled on to bedeck the Marquee with a great mix of old and recent Greeves action shots. And memorabilia ...
                      Sunday the weather abated and amazingly the track was firm even dusty by the end !
                      I had a few engine probs but thx to Craig got some racing in .
                      It was a fun fast track and some great dices with Craig Higgio and also young Josh Mcoo joining in . Craig shoulder charged Higgo , I ran the Chairman into the ropes ....also charging up the hill on the QUB racing hard with Craig I popped the biggest power wheelie ever ! Just avoiding the ropes ...
                      The Blu Marine handicap race proved exciting racing . I led the first race until the race was red flagged after Graeme smith had an unfortunate off . On the re run I was leading with Higgo in hot pursuit ( he was about 500 yards back) and I stacked it ... Congrats to Higho on his win ... T
                      The day finished in the Marquee with vic Allen reminiscing about winning the MXON race at Namur on a 380 Griffon, awarding prizes and treading on a winners dog . 😂 (there were many other past Greeves riders who also did speeches .... At lunch time )
                      What rang true is how they my all loved Greeves and racing them ...
                      A big Big thanks to Craig MCCoo and Blumarine for their sponsorship every rider at the event got a commemoration mug and Everett Zgreeves rider a sweatshirt and hat ... As well as prize money for the handicap race winners
                      An amazing day with a big thanks to Dave Harper for making the 2016 Nostslgia the best ever ... It's s long way to go but it is a beautiful place to race s Greeves ... I will be back next year .. Thanks to all the riders who made the pilgrimage Cheers Kim
                      Attached here are 3 race videos from Matt Valentine - great battling up front between two Greeves Champions with Ian Bain on the flying Hawkstone, Gary Smith on the Griffon - with Matt snapping at the heels for a mistake.......great riding ...note occasional shots of Cap'n Mainwairing being lapped, in ropes and me parked are various track locations Thanks MAtt for posting

Nostalgia classic scramble hosts Greeves championship round 10 - this is the 2nd Championship race

This is the re-start of the handicap race which was a special event for the Greeves at this meeting

Comment

Great riding, Matt! Thanks for posting, Kim. Thanks too for your generous opportunity of a ride, Kim. Apologies that I left early.

And wouldn't you know it? Have just got my Hawkstone to come out of her year-long sulk after another long day of tinkering. Hope she'll still be as responsive at Maylandsea ................. which she wasn't, of course!!
                        Thanks for coming to my rescue, Adrian. At last, I should now have a few Championship points to show?
                        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 28/08/2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X