Mortimer 17th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer 17th July

Be good to hear if any of you Greeves boys ventured to Mortimer this last weekend especially as it wasn't a Greeves round
    Punchy 336

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
    Be good to hear if any of you Greeves boys ventured to Mortimer this last weekend especially as it wasn't a Greeves round
    Hi punchy, i was there, as was adrian, ian cox was also there on his maico, track conditions were superb & it was a typical well run mortimer event, there were a few other greeves, mike norris`s son had an early retirement.
    All in all a very good meeting, with lots of good battles going on, adrian giving the big boys some jip with his floating on air type effortless riding technique, all a pleasure to watch.
    Its a shame dave does not have two greeves rounds there per year, but i guess he`s already snowed under with commitments as is, looking forward to the big one .........NOSTALGIA 2016...........Be lucky........
    Sorry....forgot about jack chalk, who was wandering around chatting up the ladies...don`t know how he got on...but i saw the sheep moving over into the next field.........
    Last edited by dave higgins; 21/07/2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Nice one Dave, about the sheep I mean.

Have to concur, with your view, it was a very well organised and thoroughly enjoyable meeting.
      Has it slipped your mind already that you raced home in first place in the second Pre74 event of the day! Des Burton followed you home, a couple or three places behind.
      Looking forward to the Nostalgia, although we have a little matter of Gosfield to attend to this weekend. It bucketted down there last year and everyone needed towing out, this year looks to be different and with no watering facilities on hand we could be chewing a bit of dust come the second half!

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
        Nice one Dave, about the sheep I mean.

Have to concur, with your view, it was a very well organised and thoroughly enjoyable meeting.
        Has it slipped your mind already that you raced home in first place in the second Pre74 event of the day! Des Burton followed you home, a couple or three places behind.
        Looking forward to the Nostalgia, although we have a little matter of Gosfield to attend to this weekend. It bucketted down there last year and everyone needed towing out, this year looks to be different and with no watering facilities on hand we could be chewing a bit of dust come the second half!
        Enjoy gosfield Adrian, & many thanks for taking the time & trouble to source/write out/post some info for me, very much appreciated....

Comment

Hi Dave, you're very welcome.

Gosfield was terrific, a smashing track to ride and I enjoyed every minute I had out there. Well worth a look if ever you are down this way on the right weekend.
          A rear wheel puncture brought my third race to a close at the end of the second lap. Fitted a new tube during the interval and went out in the third one after. Afraid I got a bit carried away and grabbed a handful of front brake entering the left hander just after the finishline on the first lap, it locked the wheel and down I went bringing the chap behind me down as well. Picked ourselves up although the resulting sore ankle brought my day to an early finish.
          But a memorable one non the less!

Comment

Good to hear Mortimer was up to its usual standard and you had a good day too Dave, shame I missed it but perhaps I'll able to join in next year

Bruv was saying what a good day you all had, not sure though that Mortimer could stand 2 greeves rounds, I bet Mark was relieved he circulated unscathed this time

Enjoy your trip 'up North' although I can tell you on the QT that Kim is taking it all rather serious as him and machine have flown to the Himalayas for some altitude training

Bruv is already ahead of the game though and as usual come up with a much more cost effective solution. He's installed extra steps in his split level floor bungalow

'SUFFOLK N PROUD
            Punchy 336

Comment

Hi Rob, its " tup north " mate, you can only say it properly with a flat cap on......
              Altitude training in the himalayas!, thats nothing mate! i`m booked on the international space station for a couple of weeks.........
              But will kim`s enthusiasm for his training program carry over to enhanced bike prep i wonder? ie, replacement of some worn cable ties & swapping over to the more durable gorilla tape?.................i think not.........

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Hi Rob, its " tup north " mate, you can only say it properly with a flat cap on......
                Altitude training in the himalayas!, thats nothing mate! i`m booked on the international space station for a couple of weeks.........
                But will kim`s enthusiasm for his training program carry over to enhanced bike prep i wonder? ie, replacement of some worn cable ties & swapping over to the more durable gorilla tape?.................i think not.........
                Like your sense of humour chaps, hats off to you both.
                Sadly I've had to withdraw my entry to the Nostalgia due to a problem with vertigo. You see, living here on the coast I didn't realise that hills would form part of the course and us flat earth society folks just can't cope with such heights. I even had problems scaling the extra installed steps in the bungalow as preparation. Unfortunately they've proved to be a right waste of money as well. You see, this morning my trainer distinctly forbade me to attempt stairs while still needing to use crutches and I can't dispense with those until the plaster comes off, best estimate being six weeks!
                Well, it could have been worse, if I hadn't managed with crutches then a walking frame was the only alternative on offer!

Hurry back Kim, we're missing your informative reports!

Comment

whats he gone & done..............

Oh no! you havn`t gone & done an Andy z have you, thats a blow for the greeves cause & no doubt.
                  You should no mate, that you senior types don`t bounce as well as you used to, sorry to hear this, but get well soon Adrian....... having said all that....a walking frame might be quite fetching!, would the zimmer be moorland blue by any chance.......

Comment

Thanks for good wishes Dave. I think Andy's break was far more severe, mine's just a chip off the end!

S'funny, but we used to jest about swapping our steeds for Zimmer frames once we got to a certain age. It seems that certain age is getting closer, however, I'm not yet ready to give up the Hawkstone in favour of one and will be out campaigning it again next year.
                    Have a great time at the Nostalgia, if nothing else we might still be able to pay it a visit.

Comment

Working...
                    X