Greeves Championship 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single speed

I understand Dave Harper is looking at the legality of running a "single speed " Griffon in the Greeves Championships and WADA (world anti doping agency) are investigating the sudden increase in performance of a Mr K Morley !!
    Great rides Kim and good racing by all the Greeves guys.

Allen "The Kids Dad" Goddard

Comment

Many thanks for posting the video's, I'll look forward to their content later this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Great video's Kim, you were certainly well up to speed and on the limit a few times. Had to wince once or twice at near misses as they whizzed past(or not as they turned out to be ). I'll bet Matt must feel a little deflated after only just managing to stay in front with you stuck in 2nd gear for three laps .
      Unusually, I went one better than him at the meeting also. He only forgot to turn his petrol on once !
      Good job we don't take it too seriously .

Comment

Originally posted by Allen507 View Post
        I understand Dave Harper is looking at the legality of running a "single speed " Griffon in the Greeves Championships and WADA (world anti doping agency) are investigating the sudden increase in performance of a Mr K Morley !!
        Great rides Kim and good racing by all the Greeves guys.

Allen "The Kids Dad" Goddard
        Brilliant post Allen made me laugh .... I think Wada would have a field day as u have to be a dope to race !!! Glad u enjoyed the day and good to see "The Kid" getting back into the points now the ignition sorted .. Trust a new ring will sott out the compression . Welcome to the Forum

Cheers Kim aka Bob The builder Morley

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
          Brilliant post Allen made me laugh .... I think Wada would have a field day as u have to be a dope to race !!! Glad u enjoyed the day and good to see "The Kid" getting back into the points now the ignition sorted .. Trust a new ring will sott out the compression . Welcome to the Forum

Cheers Kim aka Bob The builder Morley
          Oh, and I thought it was "Bob" Morley and the Wailers!

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
            Oh, and I thought it was "Bob" Morley and the Wailers!
            when it comes from Punchy who knows u just have to accept graciously 😀

Comment

I managed to keep the Broadband together for long enough to post 3 albums in the Pre-65 MX Club's Facebook page, I'll try to post some on here tomorrow.

Comment

Jump star

well Kim having watched that last vid I think Allen G is spot on that was some ride mate surprisingly the bike didn't sound that stressed on the footage but with the length of the straights it must have been. The 'added' sound effects on the landings from the jumps brought it all back too another great round.

As has been mentioned it was good that was more greeves in the line up and of those programmed it went as follows
                7 Hawkstones,
                4, 250 challengers and 1 360.
                5, 250 and 10, 380 Griffons.
                Let's hope we have another good line up for the Dave Bickers EAGN need weekend at Marks Tey.

I know the Pre65 club are hoping to get some of stars of yesteryear along so it would be good if can get another full line up of greeves?
                Punchy 336

Comment

Round 7 coming up tomorrow

As Punchy said tomorrow is the Dave Bickers memorial meeting and we are looking for our biggest lineup of the season. All the usual campaigners will be there . Not sure about Wayward Hayward he twisted his knee ligaments with a spectacular off last time out ... Or T least I thought it was ligaments Just not sure which ones 😂 . Let's hope he has made a full recovery Track might be a little slippy but weather is set fair.... Bike all ready to rock and roll . Looking forward to seeing you all there Cheers Kim

Comment

Woodford

Hi gents just wondered if anyone has an update for us as to how it all went yesterday?
                    Punchy 336

Comment

I think Gary Smith and Matt M shared wins in the Greeves with Matt V taking a couple of thirds, followed by Rick W, Kim, Julian Smith and Jos Goddard following closely behind them. All the right names, although not necessarily in the correct order! In the race I marshalled I’m pretty sure Julian ended up with a very creditable 4th place.
                      A really enjoyable meeting and thanks to the Northampton club for organising the well run event. Sadly only 14 of us on the line, but what we lacked in numbers we made up for in quality. Well most of the others did anyway.
                      Next Greeves round is at Gosfield, apparently the one due to be held at Mortimer is not now taking place so I am advised.

Comment

I came last as usual Adrian.

Comment

I beg to differ Craig as I distinctly remember you coming past leaving me in your wake in at least one of the races. Great to see you and Josh there, together with our country cousins from Norfolk, Mark and Andy getting quicker each time they ride too.
                          Don't know if anyone else is the same but I've had a sore throat ever since and wondering if was down to all the dust. Either that, or the fumes inhaled from tending the bbq the evening before. That special recipe Curry Marinade sure was potent.
                          Don't think I muddled it up with the last of the Emu Oil.

Comment

.......did someone mention Curry Marinade.....???

bRiAn.

Comment

Nice one BrIan . Blimey, you're up with the lark today, or have you still to go to bed!

Comment

Don't mention the war......!!

Hi Adrian,

......yeah, had to make an early start today mate as I'm doing some research for a cookery book I'm writing......

I know coconut oil is most recommended, but I have some emu oil on hand and was wondering if anyone knows if its alright to use that?

bRiAn.
                                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/07/2016, 05:21 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Working...
                                X