No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice to hear from you john, are you out on the bike at all this year?

Comment

Hawkstone is presently in a hundred pieces strewn about the shed floor, Dave, so the Mortimer riders are "safe" for the time being! May have another canter later on when it's all back together. Only managed to fit in 4 meetings last year, and one of them was an outing for the TriBSA.
      How about you? Presumably, you're booked for the 100-miler?

Comment

Credit where it's due dept.....!

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
        Now hold on ta yer horses there young fella! i think you will find that i first brought up the idea of a scrambles rep & kim as a good candidate, but apart from a couple of replies, colin sparrow being one of them, no one got involved, so i deleted the thread.
        Just thought i`d point that out john.......... but how the devil are you anyway, long time no hear.....
        Soz Dave......how could I have forgotten that one...... I've obviously been spending far too much time with 'Boris'....

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
          Hawkstone is presently in a hundred pieces strewn about the shed floor, Dave, so the Mortimer riders are "safe" for the time being! May have another canter later on when it's all back together. Only managed to fit in 4 meetings last year, and one of them was an outing for the TriBSA.
          How about you? Presumably, you're booked for the 100-miler?
          Yes john, kim, myself & ian cox, then theres a new face this year, going by the name of craig......
          We always need helpers, but this year, now craigs with us, we are looking for a barman as well to run the gazebo refreshment facilties.....

Comment

I hope to attend with iced water, but nothing stronger! I will be elsewhere on the Sunday trying to trap unwary fingers in our demonstration braking system at the Railway. And possibly condemning some used components.....

Comment

Looks to be a strong team, Dave, and I believe there are another three teams competing with GRA rider-content. Have a good 'un, All!
              Regret I shall be elsewhere for the weekend celebrating a significant Wedding Anniversary ............ hence the timing of the Hawkstone overhaul ....... knew I wouldn't be needing it up and running.
              Trust you're all staying on to boost the line-up for Greeves Championship points on the Sunday ................... which, I hope also brings this thread back on track ............. Apologies for hyjacking it, Folks!
              JR
              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 24/04/2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Ok back to the thread, well almost!

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                Looks to be a strong team, Dave, and I believe there are another three teams competing with GRA rider-content. Have a good 'un, All!
                Regret I shall be elsewhere for the weekend celebrating a significant Wedding Anniversary ............ hence the timing of the Hawkstone overhaul ....... knew I wouldn't be needing it up and running.
                Trust you're all staying on to boost the line-up for Greeves Championship points on the Sunday ................... which, I hope also brings this thread back on track ............. Apologies for hyjacking it, Folks!
                JR
                Strong team john.... not going on todays results..... i was riding like an old lady.....caught me knitting in the chain twice....
                But fear not kim, i will rise to the occasion come the 7th.
                Brian aka ( the ice man ) great your gonna be there, pack some cubes as well for craigs scotch.....

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  Strong team john.... not going on todays results..... i was riding like an old lady.....caught me knitting in the chain twice....
                  But fear not kim, i will rise to the occasion come the 7th.
                  Brian aka ( the ice man ) great your gonna be there, pack some cubes as well for craigs scotch.....
                  Come on Dave,
                  Its Irish Whiskie, no ice.

Comment

Many thanks for keeping us up to date and informed Kim I can only echo Brian's comments you really are doing a sterling job.
                    Now Spring is upon us I'm emerging from the hibernation and it's great to see all the comments from the contributors
                    Finished putting the griffon back together Sunday in time for Marks Tey this coming weekend so looking forward to catching up with all the greeves boys. Common Scotty and Bomber be good to see you on the start line too.

Best of luck to the teams for Mortimer a cracking track and weekend for those involved a greeves 1,2,3 no doubt

Suffolkanslow
                    Punchy 336

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
                      Many thanks for keeping us up to date and informed Kim I can only echo Brian's comments you really are doing a sterling job.
                      Now Spring is upon us I'm emerging from the hibernation and it's great to see all the comments from the contributors
                      Finished putting the griffon back together Sunday in time for Marks Tey this coming weekend so looking forward to catching up with all the greeves boys. Common Scotty and Bomber be good to see you on the start line too.

Best of luck to the teams for Mortimer a cracking track and weekend for those involved a greeves 1,2,3 no doubt

Suffolkanslow
                      Hi rob....a greeves 123 eh!.....only if you read the results from the bottom up.....

Comment

Working on it, Rob. Might get there before the season's out ........ if I don't keep finding "bits-left-over" after I've put all the other bits back together!!

B 52

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post

Suffolkanslow
                          Punchy u will be Suffolkanslow if u turn up at Marks Tey this Sunday as we will all be racing at Maylandsea . thx for your feed back and looking forward to meeting up again to resume combat ... U deserve a big Bear Hug !!

Comment

Punch got it right

And arrived at the correct venue to a welcome back bear hug...
                            Wow what a day's racing Maylansea was at its best thanks to sterling em work by Gregg Radley re-working track to add drainage etc....
                            It was a memorable day - with the pits basking in spring sunshine - in a beautiful peaceful picturesque location near Maldon by the Blackwater estuary.

Until we fired up our Greeves that is

The track was fast the racing very fast and a lot of fun. I think 2 wins for Gary and 2 seconds for Mat McCulloch , although will need to check with Dave Harper.
                            Wayward Hayward missed the start of the first race (Racing 101 ) and due to lack of understanding of Griffon fuel taps (complicated things that they are) took the 250 Challenger bogged down at the start and then rode like a demon to finish fourth - just nipping past me as I ran in too hot and wide 3 bends from home. Great Ride Wayward - and its all on you tube

What strikes me watching Richard here is how there is good clean and close racing all the way through the field . Other riders in the mix were Ricky Widdowson , Jos Goddard and in the Challenger class Mark Larter put in some good rides as did our very own flyweight - Adrian on his Hawkstone..and Punchy on his 250 Griffon , Ian Cox and Graeme Smith on Griffons ...infact in the 250 pre65 championship Adrian and i had a dead heat finish !!. We had a new and very unpredictable starter whoo stood with his back to us before starting - and when he was ready would turn round with random flag waving which caused some issues - but apart form that a great days racing . Race 2 second points race I had a good battle with Ricky into the first bend - both bikes banging handle bars into all the way through the chicane .
                            We were missing a couple of regulars like Matt Valentine, Julian Smith and Goldfish - trust they will be back for the Mortimer.

Here is Richard "Wayward" Haywards second points race helmet cam

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

and here are my chesty cams of the first open class race

and the first points race

and finally the second points race

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

and after a good days racing it was home via the seafood store - Mussels and whelks in chilli oil and a cuppa in the sunshine - HAPPY DAYS

Comment

Thanks Kim.

Thanks for another great posting, Kim. I didn't need to be there - you've done me proud!
                              B 52
                              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 02/05/2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Great day

Cheers Kim and thanks for the welcome

Appreciate you telling me the right venue, what a great day weather track and meeting up with old buddies. You had another cracking day Kim couldn't even get near yet dust

I can vouch for Wayward Haywards riding as he came past me like the wind, the others were just gone from the start. Had a cupped of good battles with Barry Keymer on his Challenger and Mark Larter so it wa nice to have some company on the way round. Bike went well soI'll have to get my entry in for M Tey end of May
                                Common Scotty and Bomber were missing you
                                Punchy 336

Comment

Working...
                                X