No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One footrest and no back brake. Stalled at the start second race but had both footrests.
    Brilliant day racing with the "big dogs"

Comment

• Hi Kim and many thanks for the links, you must be well satisfied with your outings and places at the weekend. After Greg’s hard work on the circuit it rode a treat, not sure I can remember a better layout there. Felt sorry for those involved in the second corner melee of the first race and hope there were no lasting consequences. Like you I managed to squeeze past, but on the outside, so benefitted as a result of others misfortune. I think it must have caused a right snarl up behind as the only one to come past me afterwards was Sam Heitman, and that probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't dropped it at one of the hairpins in between time.
      As for race two then, I’ve no idea who triggered the false start and was nearly caught out when the flag went up so quickly afterwards. Thankfully we all seemed to make our way safely through the first, second, third and fourth bends before hitting the straight with all the jumps in. Had a great race long battle with Tom Wormleighton but couldn’t get the better of him.
      Well done with stepping in for Scotty, hope he’s ok by the way! Enjoyed watching the team event and was able to keep track mostly upon what was happening until the change overs took place. You and Richard did really well in the very fast racing that took place throughout. It was impressive stuff watching from the side lines. Thought I noticed Mat circulating for the entire event, he certainly got his moneys worth and probably lucky to complete it on one tank of fuel. I know of one rider who was down to his last half litre after his scheduled 15 laps and that having filled up to the brim before commencing.

P.S. Like the shiny top yoke of your Griffon, have you been polishing in your spare time!

Welcome to Pre65 racing, 380 Griffon, glad you enjoyed it. An eventful baptism it seems!

A great weekend and many thanks to all those involved in its organising and running.

Roll on two weeks time

Comment

• Thanks for the postings, Kim and Adrian. I didn't need to have been there to get my "fix"!

Comment

• Well done to all involved....helping keep the " RIDERS " side of the club going.....especially that craig chap for travelling considerable distance...just for a pint.........

Comment

• Dave,
            Hog roast, pint, and the privilege of using a portal the next morning.
            Oh and a race or two.
            I missed your mudguards, where were you?

Comment

• Thank you for the welcome Mr A.
              Fantastic day

Comment

• Well done Kim and Richard

Congratulations on a great result..

I wish I could have been there, I'm much better now thanks Adrian..

Track looked perfect, looked well graded..

Scott

Comment

• Round 10 at Maylandsea tomorrow

Well here we go again - This years Championship is heading to an exciting climax with the penultimate round tomorrow at Maylandsea...........

With Matt Valentine , Ricky Widdowson riding Weston beach race - and missing the last round it is all to play for - and with Matt McCulloch , Ricky and Matt V all scoring well last round and Gary Smith well up there as well - it's too close to call in the battle of the Griffon's !!

in 5th, 6th and 7th place , myself, and Challenger mounted Richard Hayward and Mike Bell will be looking for some solid points to try and move up a place or two as well......

Can't wait !! Will keep you posted !!
                  Cheers Kim
                  GREEVES RIDERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

• Some Last minute fine tuning

Whilst casually playing around with carb jetting and cleaning filters etc...I noticed my front sprocket was loose....really loose - no option but to strip down and sort.........found a rather large lump of clay from Gosfield when the inner chaincase cover came off

All sorted now ...i think
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      Whilst casually playing around with carb jetting and cleaning filters etc...I noticed my front sprocket was loose....really loose - no option but to strip down and sort.........found a rather large lump of clay from Gosfield when the inner chaincase cover came off

All sorted now ...i think
                      Not Gosfield. Dave Harper installed these carefully weighted pieces of clay to help left hand corner power slides. Hope you carefully put it back.

Comment

• Nah that's not your's Kim, your bike's never that clean
                        Punchy 336

Comment

• Bear hug coming up?

You may have gotten away with it today, Rob, but I don't fancy your chances the next time your's and Kim's paths cross!

Comment

• Punchy you Are A marked man ...

In fact u are an endangered species
                            What a cracker today ..... Some brutal riding up front some rain for the first points race to spice it up ...... And then a very fast finale ....Awesome !!

Glad u got her bike sorted Punchy Holmes .... I always change my plug first when I have a bike problem ... Lol

The championship is still wide open Gary got a first and second . Matt V second in the first race ... Sitting pretty in the second and then ground to a halt ....... Matt McCullock did really well and Ricky steady points ..... So this will go down the wire !!

I have some great race footage - particularly of Race 2 - link to youtube below - hi you all enjoy it (Race one was wet and poor vis i will try and upload this later in the week )

SO form a riders eye view Race 2 was much quicker as the track dried - Again we had a "new" starter who raised the green warning and the union Jack Go flag almost in the same move ......the pace at the front was furious as you will see with Matt V, Sam Heitman and Championship leader Rick Widdowson riding through me...........for about 3 laps to the end I had Richard Griffon Slayer Hayward all over me like a rash......I picked up the pace in the last couple of laps after a few mistakes and held him off to the line .......and nearly catching Ricky in the bargain..........I think this race finished Matt McCulloch 1st, Gary Smith 2nd, Sam Heitman 3rd , Ricky Widdowson 4th, me 5th and Richard Hayward 6th..........

Cheers Kim

Comment

• Nice piece of camera-work. Thanks for posting Kim.

Comment

• Greeves Championship results and Standings after 10 rounds

Attached is Dave Harpers race report and results after Round 10 Maylandsea 30/08.... (will post last weeks round 11 when i get them)

Final Round at MArks Tey October the 11th - will be a cracker
                                Cheers Kim
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X