Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stebbing

Hi all
    Just a quick message from the Griffon slayer unfortunately I won't be there but have fun and hope to see you all at reading

Richard

Richard
    Missed you ...... Wondered why it was easier on the Griff yesterday ..... Although shearing off the snail cam slipping rear spindle had same effect in last race !

Comment

I have just put a load of pics onto the Pre-65 Motorcross page on Facebook.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Catt; 06/05/2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Nice One Cyril

Glad you put this on here Brian, an excellent shot of Ian Cox on his 360 challenger exiting the waterhole

Yes Griffon Slayer you missed a corker of a day superb little venue with the weather track conditions to boot.

I did speak to Slayer senior (dad) earlier in the day and assume he had a Goodun and told you what a pearler you missed!

Bob was in good form I think he had 2 if not 3 hole shots in the greeves races coming 2nd in race 1.(I'm still suspicious of his fast starts even with the elastic gates, I think he goes off at the 5 second board by limboing under them)
        Even the committee were impressed by his riding & enthusiasm and his help with dismantling the track only trouble was it was during the 2nd greeves race

The griffons didn't have it all their own way as Barry Keymer put in some sterling performances on his immaculate MDS, just not sure of his placings, but hovering around the 1st 5 I believe.
        Track was perfect and a good few spectators were there the waterhole made it interesting with several taking a tumble during the day but no injuries I believe

All the best to those who take part in Mortimer this weekend sorry I can't make it this year
        Punchy 336

Comment

Punchy has been modest in his report on the day's action. I understand that his day was more successful than most on the 250 Griffon, and he gave Kim a good run for his money overall.
          Well done, Rob, for keeping the Dickerson name to the fore!
          Pity about your pictures being on Facebook, Brian. Would like to see them but we don't all subscibe to that media ............ nor would some of us want to! Any chance you may be able to post them somewhere more accessible to the Luddites amongst us, please?
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 09/05/2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Just for you John the story in pictures

Thanks to Ice man Catty - some cracking photos capturing the action - on what was as Punchy points out was a cracking days racing

Punchy - you are right - with the tape start the trick is to angle under the tape
            Attached Files

Comment

Gee, thanks Kim. But where are the ones of you helping to dismantle the track, .............. in the middle of one of the races, so I am informed! (Guess you owe Mr. D another one of those infamous bear-hugs?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                Gee, thanks Kim. But where are the ones of you helping to dismantle the track, .............. in the middle of one of the races, so I am informed! (Guess you owe Mr. D another one of those infamous bear-hugs?)
                I think you may be right about the bear hug John, just as long as Punchy is wearing his latex protection(gloves) then all should be ok!

A great days racing guys, really enjoyed the action from the side lines. Lets hope we get the invitation to go back again next year!

Comment

Sorry I missed the dismantling episode as i was concentrating on getting the place men rather than the front runners who I had already photographed. As I panned the camera round, I could see the aftermath but couldn't get a clear shot!

Comment

No problem, Brian (Kim is relieved .............. hope he paid you well to delete them from the record?).
                    Looks like you got some great shots anyway.
                    Nicely done, thanks.
                    John R
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 10/05/2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X