100 mile Scramble, Mortimer Classic MCC July 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 mile Scramble, Mortimer Classic MCC July 20th

As usual Mortimer Classic MCC are running their 2 day events and on July 20th will be running the 100 mile team event.
    Last year, we ran a team of 4 bikes and everyone really enjoyed the whole thing, so how about a much bigger effort this time? I think we should have at least 2 teams out if not 3.....Hawkstones, Challengers and Griffons. I'm not sure what the regs are yet on team make up, but if I remember right, different capacity bikes are needed in each team, so they will have to be a mix of models in each one. We ought to be able to raise 8 riders.

This looks awfully like someone sticking their hand up to be team manager/co ordinator....
    I did have a brief chat with adrian about it, at the agm & it seems there is plenty of interest for this year, so count me in.

Comment

Dave, just tell me how much iced water I need to supply to keep everyone cool!!!!

Comment

Mortimer

Sounds good, i will see if i can make that? i will ask Pops aswell to keep the rust off us

I think you need a bike for each class, pre60, pre65, pre68, pre74 so each team will need a hawkstone, challenger and griffon.

Sorry I had to leave the agm early on sunday, i didnt get a chance to catch up with everybody

Regards

Scotty151

Comment

Scott - spot on re classes - and I am up for it as well - last year was a cracker

Brian - Lots of Ice please

Higgo - did we ever do some notes for LL form last year? - happy to put some words and pics together
          Cheers Kim

Comment

Just thinking.....Mike Bell doesn't live too far away.....

Comment

Kim, aplogies on that front, other events outside of mx took over & by the time things had settled, it was winter & the moment had gone!!
              I have punished myself though, & that wet rhubarb don`t half sting...,
              On the day, each team had four riders, with four different age catagorie bikes, each rider then had to ride his segment, swapping relay style, with the next rider for his stint.
              Now there was a lot of cheating going on that day, in respect of certain teams holding top uk & euro riders, putting the same rider out time after time, this was noticed by the event organisers, & everyone was made aware, that this year, things will be different.
              Rightly so, our team came tenth, take out the cheating & we might have made fifth, not bad for a newly formed team.
              Brians idea of having a stronger greeves presence, i think, would be most welcome, two possibly three teams, that would be great, but the event, for me anyway is about four people, working as one to beat the rest... even the other gra teams!!!!. have i said to much!, i`ll get me coat...

Comment

Dave, too true, without proper regulation, I thought there was some fidling going on, so I hope they give thought how to stop the cheats from sending the quick guys out repeatedly. I have [ics from last year, perhaps I'll put some up on here to interest others.

Comment

Hi Guys, just caught up with this thread and glad to hear of renewed interest this year, for sure I'm up for it again. I think three of us who took part in the first 100 miler might be available so it would be tempting to get Hawkstone Heroes on the start line again. At least we wouldn't be tempted to put up the same rider time and again, we only just make it through each fifteen minute session, never mind running to the pit box and going out again. Great fun all the same, but I doubt we're likely to make the top ten again, I'll be happy to leave that to you young'uns. Go for it!

Comment

I agree with that adrian, we were the only team to have a defibulator next to the cold drinks in our pits...

Comment

Sounds like a great event! I'll be based in Kent by that date, but where is the race held, I'd love to be there. I don't mind a drive, race meetings in Australia can be hundreds of miles away at times. So far that weekend is spare.
                      Mike

Comment

Mike, it's just off the M4 near Reading, see the Mortimer Classic MCC website for a map. Ithink we could get up to 3 full teams if we get cracking on this project!

Comment

Ah a return to 'Runnacles Mount' what could more tempting
                          Punchy
                          Punchy 336

Comment

I think I found the infamous area last year, but not sure. Perhaps a BLUE PLAQUE should be erected??????? What colour blue should it be?

Comment

I think that the least john r can do ( after causing all this trouble ) is to dust off his leather britches... & sign up for one of the gra teams..
                              Glad to say the hawkstone heroes will be fielding a strong ( not ) team this year.. so if brian can put together another couple of teams, then greeves will be well represented. someone might even walk away with a trophy...

Comment

Working...
                              X