20 tc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 tc

My rebuilt 20 TC before and after photos . The bike is a 20TC built in 1959 but a 1960 model and delivered to London dealers GP in Balham on 15/12/1959.
    Could not find any info regarding reg number so applied for new age related number.
    First had to get bike authenticated (Somerset is long way to John Collard in Essex) and after speaking to Shepton Show organisers Les Yarde and Carol Thatcher found that Carol could check bike and details and send to John for authentication ,as Carol is only about 25 mins from me he kindly came over to see bike on the 16th Aug 10days later letter from John Collard arrived .Next was MOT, passed with flying colours and insurance then filled out V55/5 posted all info to DVLA on the 12th Sept and on 23rd a new V5C arrived .
    No inspection form DVLA so happy bunny.
    Thanks to Carol Thatcher and John Collard for their help.
    Will do write up for L/L soon
    ps has 31A barrel not 9E fitted at the moment.
    Simon
    Attached Files

20tc

It looks good Simon,may be a candidate for the Bristol Show? Well done. Being it was registered 1959 surely a MOT was unnecessary a form V112 should have covered that,but a good move anyway. Les.

Comment

Hi Les , spoke to Carol and I will bring the Challenger to the show .
      Simon

Comment

Another grand job Simon, looks spot as usual. cheers Dicky

Comment

Looks fabulous Simon..

Well done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mayfield View Post
            It looks good Simon,may be a candidate for the Bristol Show? Well done. Being it was registered 1959 surely a MOT was unnecessary a form V112 should have covered that,but a good move anyway. Les.
            I think the DVLA like to see an MoT regardless, as independent confirmation that the bike does exist in a complete and roadworthy form.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

I did phone the DVLA before sending V55/5 form in and the person I spoke to said I would need to send MOT even as it was a 1959 bike as well as insurance and authentication.I want a MOT for my own piece on mind .I was surprised how quickly the process was and another Greeves saved (may be for sale )
              Simon
              Last edited by trialrider17; 25/09/2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X