Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry thats all I have on it, GRA will have the dispatch record giving the dispatch date and dealer it went to, person to contact is Pete Smith
    jillsmith52@hotmail.com

Comment

Champion many thanks John. Happy Xmas.

Comment

Hi, I’d like to list my father’s Anglian. Frame No. 24THSB154.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel13 View Post
          Hi, I’d like to list my father’s Anglian. Frame No. 24THSB154.
          Many thanks, this would be OPC749D which according to DVLA has been untaxed since October 1984, so is it under restoration?

Comment

Hi John, yes that’s the reg. My plan is just to get it going at the moment, then perhaps a more thorough restoration after that. Dad did trials and long distance trials on it in the 70’s and early 80’s before discovering running and concentrating on marathons instead. So it’s been sat in the garage since ‘84 with one attempt to get it going about 15 years ago, he and his mates planned a ride out to some event. It was true to my memory of it and refused to start, despite all attempts. Be nice to get it going for him and I would have done it sooner, but he was adamant he had a plan. And the minor inconvenience that the engine is at his place to fix after the last attempt and the frame is at mine.

As for it’s history, he thinks it was supplied by Comerfords with Ceriani forks. He is also convinced it was used as a press test bike and used in the Scottish Six Days or similar, whatever event paint marked components as some are still marked. I’ve tried to check the Scottish entries around probable years (67 - 69) with no obvious evidence his was involved. Attempted to review magazines and the like around the same time for a press write up, but no luck yet, either. He bought in the early 70’s, selling his Scottish (reg 267 BUO) to do so. I don’t remember the Scottish, so must have been very early 70’s. From pretty much standard, he adapted it it for long distance trials, big front light, double seat and a large petrol tank from a Ducati. (This was originally yellow with a double black stripe, but after a few events he painted it Greeves blue.) Nice to have it running and interchangeable between original red tank and single seat and the long distance setup.

Comment

Thanks Mel OPC is a Surrey reg so yes it probably was supplied by Comerfords, best of luck with Restoration, what part of country are you?

Comment

Hi John,

We are near Exeter, Devon. Parts list and service notes received this week from the GRA. Piece in the latest Leading Link on thread sizes for an Anglian really useful. Workshop manuals on the way from Villiers Services. Just need to start spannering now!

Comment

Thanks Mel. I assume that you are a GRA member so you can apply to Membership Sec Andy Barnett to get upgraded on this forum to a full member which enables you to access the Members area. Email Andy on subs@greeves-riders.org.uk

Comment

Ive just seen one for sale on facebook marketplace with frame number 24TGS2097. Did they build that many ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevefromleicester View Post
                      Ive just seen one for sale on facebook marketplace with frame number 24TGS2097. Did they build that many ???
                      No they only went into the 400's The new build Richard Deal Anglian's did have 2000 series numbers but they were TJSB numbers. Number stamping smaller than Greeves
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/04/2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• 24TJ130. Bought as Restoration Project. In Canada.

Comment

Working...
                        X