Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ,Iam a new member and just got me a greeves scottish 1960, I live in lincoln Lincolnshire.ive got a lathe if any local members need to use one ,its old but ok to make spacers etc.looking forward to seeing display at telford

Hello, thanks for making yourself known. There is plenty of help and advice on here if you need any guidance on your Scottish.

The forum is quite extensive, but as a basic user you can't access all of it and could miss out if you need help with anything.

The answer? Join the GRA!

(Assuming you haven't already of course
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by T6xc View Post
      Hi ,Iam a new member and just got me a greeves scottish 1960, I live in lincoln Lincolnshire.ive got a lathe if any local members need to use one ,its old but ok to make spacers etc.looking forward to seeing display at telford
      Thats a very kind offer T6xc, i`m sure there are members in your area doing their own restorations, that would appreciate a turn on a lathe....one or two might even be able to turn it on.........

Comment

Nice offer. Turned on my first lathe in 1969, a Colchester Student as I recall
        Last edited by Phil Hyde; 24/01/2018, 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar dear boy

Comment

Talking lathes, we are dumping our old one at the Ruislip Lido Railway. It has done a fair bit of work this year, but our man Paul has had to be very gentle with it, as the bearings are getting a bit shot and can induce chattering if you try to cut too heavily. We spent an hour re-shimming the tailstock to get a parallel cut, but, again, had to be very careful with it or it went to taper again. So anyone with a suitable crane and truck can come and take it......Once the roadway has been built across the beach! When we get our new workshop, we will be getting a new (ish) lathe, so if you know of one for sale with a bed of about 2ft 6in and capable of taking 15 inch diam wheels, let me know!

Comment

Working...
          X