Possible sale of 5 bikes...in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible sale of 5 bikes...in France

Jo Tougeron, a French classic scrambler who rides BSA and BSA Cheney machines, has unearthed a cache of 6 Greeves and is in the process of obtaining these machines. There are Scrambles, Trials and ISDT (?) as well as one Roadster. He has a limited range of photos at present, one here published, and the bikes look in fair condition. I will get more details once Jo has collected them and can classify exactly what he has. Jo does not speak English, and my Francais est vraimant mal! I will try to translate what he sends via the all-electric magic lantern.
    Attached Files

Nothing there with an ISDT tank. The blue one, centre rear, looks like a Ranger.

Looks like a nice collection and the bikes appear to be all there.

If you get him to quote the frame numbers I'll help sort out what exactly they are.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 25/07/2016, 08:36 AM.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Agreed about his ISDT description Colin, but we'll see what transpires over the next weeks. He is a well-respected engineer and racer and not in it for any real gain.

Comment

i have been informed about these bikes 2 weeks ago there is also a Triumph as well? but was told they are in the west country !!

Comment

Looking at the mains socket on the wall, I doubt very much that the pic is from France.

Comment

If they are in the West Country I would like to register my interest in one.

Comment

Just the one?

Comment

Here is the other pic I up loaded in a previous post that seems to have got deleted
                Attached Files

Comment

The sale will be by a Frenchman in France. The location of the bikes is not known. jo.tougeron@orange.fr is his e-mail, but as I said before, he has almost no English.
                  His opening title was as follows: surprise en France , un lot de 6 motos Greeves de 1962 à 1964 origine.
                  My pal in France has English sockets to suit his English power tools, so who knows....... 

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                    The sale will be by a Frenchman in France. The location of the bikes is not known. jo.tougeron@orange.fr is his e-mail, but as I said before, he has almost no English.
                    His opening title was as follows: surprise en France , un lot de 6 motos Greeves de 1962 à 1964 origine.
                    My pal in France has English sockets to suit his English power tools, so who knows....... 
                    No problem, just type in English what you want to ask him then translate with Google to French & send. Do the reverse when you get his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                      Just the one?
                      Haha! Yes, just the one. I am not greedy.... ahem, well I have no more space!

I am after a sensibly priced TE, TES, TFS etc. Also maybe a rolling chassis.....

Comment

Greeves for sale in France

Hi , just wondering if any member had attempted contact with the French seller via e mail. I have tied, using Google translation, but have not received a reply.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-Somerset View Post
                          Hi , just wondering if any member had attempted contact with the French seller via e mail. I have tied, using Google translation, but have not received a reply.

Dave
                          Same here did Google translation but no reply

Comment

Me too......

Comment

He is probably ignoring these e-mails, or at least waiting until he knows what he has to sell. Please be patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X