Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Greeves Championship Standings 2011

Hi All,

Following an eventful day yesterday here are the results.

I dont know the points score unfortunately, just the positions.

Overall Top 6

1, I Webster
    2, M Valentine
    3, M McCulloch
    =4 Steve Chappell
    =4 D Witney
    6, D Burton

Griffon Class

1, I Webster
    2, M Valentine
    3, M McCulloch
    4, D Witney
    =5 D Burton
    =5 G Smith

Challenger Class

1, Scott Chappell
    2, I Cox
    3, A Zydzoloski
    4, J Asprey
    5, C Huxtable
    6, R Harvey

Hawkstone Class

1, Steve Chappell
    2, M Bell
    3, A Dickerson
    4, J Runnacles
    5, M Emms
    6, K Goddard

Stonebridge Award, D Witney

Riders Rider of the year, D Witney

Iron Barrell Winner, Steve Chappell

GRA Trophy, Ian Webster

Pre 60 Percy Tawn 2 Stroke Trophy

1, Scott Chappell
    2, A Dickerson
    3, Steve Chappell
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 10/10/2011, 03:53 PM.

Congrats to the winners, but great commiserations to Mike Bell who got injured in the first Greeves race and lost his Championship lead. I took over 700 pics during the day, so one or two must be worth showing! I'll get round to sorting some out a bit later, as there's a tree stump in my back garden that needs surgery, so I'll be busy for a while.

Comment

Thanks Scott for posting - sorry I missed yesterday - but was pressganged on my duaghters 14th brithday.....spent the day at Go Ape swinging through the trees....much scarier than the Greeves championship !!

Overall a great season and big congratulations to the Chappel family for taking two out of 3 of the Greeves class trophy's - some achievement!!. - especially your first win in the challenger class.Scott.(.......see how easy it is when your dad doesn't keep knocking you off

.and to Steve for winning the Hawkstone class- and breaking the Griffon boys strangle hold on the overall championship ..........and we mustn't forget Coxy for his second place on the challenger class - showing that inclreased speed with consistent finishing is a great combination!

Also - congrats to Ian webster - for coming back from that nasty crash at Easthanningfield 2 seasons ago - and taking the series title again - a great demo of skillful, fast and consistent riding .

my heart goes out to Mike Bell though - to be in a great position in race 1 and then crash - particularly as it was not his fault (a rider lost control and crashed right in front of him) . I spoke to him on his way home - and looks like a broken collarbone - so a speedy recovery for Mike - I am sure he will bounce back
      I guess that is just the unpredictability of racing and we have to take the rough with the smooth....after all that is what makes it exciting to compete in!

Thanks again to Dave Harpur for creating a championship that is rewarding to riders of all abilities and class of bike,

Looking forward to next season already !
      Cheers Kim
      Last edited by Kim275; 10/10/2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Kim,

Sorry to not see you at Maylandsea!
        The rider who fell off in front of Mike was myself! He was pushing me hard on the inside, so I can't take 100% of the blame (maybe 90%), and the grass was really slippery. He did run me over too!

Any chance you could PM me Mike's contact details so I can apologise? Maybe you should check with him first?

Many thanks,
        Andrew

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
        Thanks Scott for posting - sorry I missed yesterday - but was pressganged on my duaghters 14th brithday.....spent the day at Go Ape swinging through the trees....much scarier than the Greeves championship !!

Overall a great season and big congratulations to the Chappel family for taking two out of 3 of the Greeves class trophy's - some achievement!!. - especially your first win in the challenger class.Scott.(.......see how easy it is when your dad doesn't keep knocking you off

.and to Steve for winning the Hawkstone class- and breaking the Griffon boys strangle hold on the overall championship ..........and we mustn't forget Coxy for his second place on the challenger class - showing that inclreased speed with consistent finishing is a great combination!

Also - congrats to Ian webster - for coming back from that nasty crash at Easthanningfield 2 seasons ago - and taking the series title again - a great demo of skillful, fast and consistent riding .

my heart goes out to Mike Bell though - to be in a great position in race 1 and then crash - particularly as it was not his fault (a rider lost control and crashed right in front of him) . I spoke to him on his way home - and looks like a broken collarbone - so a speedy recovery for Mike - I am sure he will bounce back
        I guess that is just the unpredictability of racing and we have to take the rough with the smooth....after all that is what makes it exciting to compete in!

Thanks again to Dave Harpur for creating a championship that is rewarding to riders of all abilities and class of bike,

Looking forward to next season already !
        Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi Scott, thanks for posting - and so quickly!

A good day with the conditions changing through the day from really slippery to pretty much ideal as the ground dried out after overnight rain (says he from the sidelines )

Well done Ian W and the Chappels, bad luck Mike Bell - but "that's racing".

Got a good few pics for LL, but I'll share some on here when I get a moment (or three).
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
            Hi Kim,

Sorry to not see you at Maylandsea!
            The rider who fell off in front of Mike was myself! He was pushing me hard on the inside, so I can't take 100% of the blame (maybe 90%), and the grass was really slippery. He did run me over too!

Any chance you could PM me Mike's contact details so I can apologise? Maybe you should check with him first?

Many thanks,
            Andrew
            Hi Andrew - no problem - will send you Mikes details I a sure he will appreciate you getting in touch - .....glad that you came off without any bad injuries - I have been ridden over a few times and it can hurt !!...I still bear the burn scars from close attention of a low slung stormer exhaust - Take care Kim.

Comment

Just like to add my Congrats to Ian Webster and the Chappells for their well deserved rostrum positions after a seasons long campaign. We've had many a scrap during this time and I can tell you they all deserve their Trophies. Commiserations to Mike Bell for coming so close but there's always next year, and the way he's been improving then anything can happen!
              Great to see so many Forum faces at Maylandsea too, as in an earlier post, Dick Dastardly a reborn scrambler, Captain Mainwaring our esteemed Chairman, Colin Sparrow and Brian Catt. Hopefully the day was entertaining enough to make the long journey's worthwhile. The track was great to ride and I'm at a loss to understand why so many injuries were suffered. Two broken collar bones, a nasty leg break and two suspected ankle breaks. Certainly the track was fine and I wasn't aware of any aggresive riding, I saw two offs where no one else was involved and injuries were sustained so quite why such a long list, I've no idea. Thanks must go to Dave Harper for running and organising the series where, if success is measured by enjoyment, then every competitor is a winner!

Comment

Greeves Championship Final Standings 2011.

Scott Chappell (Scott151) has asked me to post the attached lisiting he received from Dave Harper, showing the final positions at the end of the 2011 season.

My pleasure Scotty, and many thanks to you and Dave for sending them in!

Brian.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/06/2012, 12:15 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Working...
                X