Cambridge Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge Meetings

Despite a plug by editor Pete Kelly in OBM September issue, there is still a lack of attendees for the Cambridge Section monthly meetings. Last night (21st September) only myself and Pete Nevill (who came all the way from Epping) attended. I am going to give it till the end of the year (December) but if there is no improvement in attendance by then we will cease the meetings as from January 2018. Shame as there are lots of Greeves owners in the Cambridge area, but they don't seem to want to meet up.
    The dates for the remaining 2017 meetings are;
    Thursday 19th October
    Thursday 16th November
    Thursday 21st December
    All from 7.30pm at the Lord Byron, Church Lane Trumpington CB25LA

As no one attended the October meeting (last Thursday 19th October) I propose to cease Cambridge Group meetings at the Lord Byron as from January 2018, and will only attend the remaining November & December dates myself should members make prior arrangement to meet. There is obviously no interest in Greeves owners wanting to meet up in Cambridgeshire.

Comment

This is a great shame, but it is echoed all over club land. Maybe wait until better weather and advertise again?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        This is a great shame, but it is echoed all over club land. Maybe wait until better weather and advertise again?
        Brian, we never got more than about half a dozen even in the summer, and numbers have dwindled further this last year as existing members have dropped away. Even the two lads from the British 2 Stroke Club have not been seen for about 6 months. As you say no one wants to talk face to face any more. Just content to sit behind a keyboard and ask questions. The faceless society we now live in brought on by so called social media
        As a matter of interest there were no other punters in the pub last week so it looks like thats going down the tubes as well. With beer at approaching £4 per pint you can see why.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Brian, we never got more than about half a dozen even in the summer, and numbers have dwindled further this last year as existing members have dropped away. Even the two lads from the British 2 Stroke Club have not been seen for about 6 months. As you say no one wants to talk face to face any more. Just content to sit behind a keyboard and ask questions. The faceless society we now live in brought on by so called social media
          As a matter of interest there were no other punters in the pub last week so it looks like thats going down the tubes as well. With beer at approaching £4 per pint you can see why.
          Thats a pity, you can't beat a good natter about bikes, lubricated by a drop of the amber nectar. I would have attended had I lived closer (although in reflection it probably would be best I didn't as I tend to rant into other subjects after a few

Comment

Working...
          X