Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible RA Griffon

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1975 QUB Griffon and have been told that it could possibly be an ex Royal Artillery Display Team bike.

The reasons for this are 2 additional brackets welded to the bottom of the swinging arm and sidestand bracket on the footrest subframe. It also has blue Preston Petty mudguards which the RA bikes had. I know these on there own don't really mean anything but maybe there is some record of which bikes they had from the frame number.

Mine is Jan 75 63F382

Thanks, Keith.

My records stop at '61'. Someone must know how many bikes the RA had and what their numbers were!

I have a display team brochure but that doesn't help much!

Comment

Following a bit of research, the facts relating to this machine are available in the Greeves archive and I even have a picture of the bike being worked on back in the day. The person who built the bike new is actually a GRA member!

The archive is available to GRA members, just one of the benefits of membership! We will soon have the 'Show Special Offer' running again. Join in Feb for a year and receive membership until June 2019! Bargain!

Comment

Thanks Rob, that's great news although it looks like I'll have to be patient and wait until February to see the details then.

Keith.

Comment

Working...
        X