TFS Trail (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mystery solved at last!

"steady as a rock if you hit any bumps, or dips in roads as with some socks it can put the bike into a wallowing weave."

That's it!! That's why Dick crashes so much! It's the SOCKS he wears on his back legs!

However, I do agree with Dick that the Betor shocks do work well and are apparently user serviceable.

Comment

GRA Lycra/Sock Dept

I've still got a few pairs available...in size XXXL......but be quick!!

bRiAn.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well i do have a black and Green Kawasaki, and Santa brought me matching socks this Christmas, ! The anglian handles a dream as Mainwaring knows,! I seem to remember he did spend a lot of time in and out of ruts hedge trimming !!

I must not drop my H in future as close scrutinize of the English language is under way i see

Comment

Dave - I've never seen what he wears on his front legs!

His front feet are always too far into the trough!

He has taken up Brian's pie campaign to re-cycle the foil containers into alloy rims! Any excuse to scoff more pies! Bet he didn't mention his Betors are fitted with 450 lb springs!!

Comment

Cut down packable silencer seems to work okay, certainly quieter if not pretty

Comment

Looking dirty

Just got a new MOT, no problems, though the rear brake is not brilliant. I had that issue with another rear cable operated bike, just does not seem to brake so well.
              A little grubby now but this gets used all winter for work twice a week. Some one did show me how to clean a bike, however as I never practiced I have lost the skill.

Comment

My MOTer was very pickky about my side stand, it looks the same as yours he thought it was too short and made the bike lean over too far - did you have any issues?

Comment

It does lean over too far due to the slightly longer rear shocks. However not an issue for MOT. It did however blow over the other day so I need to get it lengthened or sort out a main stand (ISDT style) which I am going to make.

Comment

TFS for work

Well it is light on the way home now which shows of the nice Moorland Green paint job, well in between the mud.
                    This bike will start to turn a profit soon as there is free parking at College for motorbikes, off campus for cars £4.00 a day . That equates to a bottle of wine extra every time I use the bike.
                    Now where is my sponge and bucket?

Comment

Make do and mend

Kirstie Allsop would be proud of my make do and mend rack. It was thrown in when the East Coast was picked up,
                      so I thought I had better put it to some use. Nice to have a bit of shinny paint visible, hammered moorland green of course.

Last edited by tony; 18/03/2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Always nice to see a 'working' bike getting some use.....

Hi Tony,

The rack looks great bud, a very practical addition to the 'work' transport and good that you found it a home.

Hope all is well with you and yours mate.

Brian.

Comment

and now!!

More make do - the box off the Triumph will keep my sandwiches dry
                          Bit of a damp ride today, one of those days when it rains just as you are nearly home, just to get you wet

Comment

What a great way to get to work. May I ask how many miles the commute is?

Comment

12 miles each way - unless I take the scenic route then it is a bit longer

Comment

Too old to get my leg over

Of course I forgot that it is more difficult to get your leg over as you get older.
                                Reminds me off when I tried to get on the KTM and threw my leg towards the bike only to find
                                I was a couple of inches too low and the bike fell away. Always a crowd to watch when that happens
                                - at least they can help pick it up

No swinging the leg over now - more of a thrusting action

Comment

Working...
                                X