Another 24TFS Rebuild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 24TFS Rebuild!

I've just about finished my take on a 24TFS in time for the Bristol Show. It's a fair way from standard but it's what I wanted to build. My first full restoration.

There's a few tweaks still needed and I haven't had it running yet, but the show was the priority. For example the seat is too high and is at slightly the wrong angle. Looks like I will have to alter the frame even though I didn't really want to.

"Before and after" photos attached.
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Super looking bike colin....credit where its due....well done, very tastefull....i`ll stop in & have a look at bristol.....

Comment

another 24 TFS rebuild

Looks good Colin, it's always our aim to have some new exhibits at Bristol.Thanks for making the extra effort. Any members visiting the show please come and say hello on the stand. Les.& Carol..

Comment

Another bike that is not moorland blue must be a revolution
        I like the black however it could do with a bit of orange
        Looks great, nice binnacle as well

Comment

very nice , what year is the bike and why did you change the forks

Comment

I am looking for a copy of the TFS original right hand side pipe/exhaust system as at the moment it has the left side pipe and silencer, and as it was the bike that Geoff Duke had from Greeves direct, it would complete the bikes originality .

I have seen these from time to time, are there replicas out there

Comment

Top Job Colin!

Really nice Colin, well done indeed, and I reckon the black looks terrific! It really suits the bike a treat.

Thanks for posting the pics etc, and nice to see a 'decent' thread on here for a change.....

Brian.

Comment

TFS Works Replica Exhaust etc.

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
                I am looking for a copy of the TFS original right hand side pipe/exhaust system as at the moment it has the left side pipe and silencer, and as it was the bike that Geoff Duke had from Greeves direct, it would complete the bikes originality .

I have seen these from time to time, are there replicas out there
                Hi Dicky,

Don't know if this might be any help, but do you remember the pipe that Don Heath had made by Alldens for his TFS Trail when he originally put it together....? See attached pic below.....(Interestingly, Don chose black for his build too, and I thought it it looked great! )

Anyway....I was wondering if they might be able to make you something suitable. It probably won't come cheap, but the quality looks excellent. Here's their contact details mate...might be worth a call......

Alldens Exhausts.
                Address: Newtoft Business Park, Newtoft, Near Market Rasen LN8 3WA
                Phone: 07595 448713

Al the best bud, and good hunting.

Brian.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/01/2017, 02:37 PM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
                  very nice , what year is the bike and why did you change the forks
                  1965 bike. I changed the forks because, having ridden an Anglian, I knew I like the way they steer. More precise than rubber forks.

Thanks for the kind words folks.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Revolutionary......!!

Originally posted by tony View Post
                    You know Colin, when all said and done, Tony may have a very good point there......

Have a gander at these....and don't tell me you aren't at least a teensie weensie bit tempted..... (...and you could always give the two spare ones to Tony.....)

Foxtrot Romeo Oscar. you say...?! OK, I'll get me coat.....

bRiAn.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                      Looks great, nice binnacle as well
                      Hmm. Yes, Tony thanks for the binnacle. looks good doesn't it?

I'm tempted by the orange dust caps, Brian. you never know...
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Take a walk on the wild side......

Nice one Colin!

I also think I should let you know that I have it on good authority that Higgo built an AMBHME* device, designed by Tony, into some of those binnacles....

That way, if you do fit some at least you can pass on the blame....

(*AMBME - Anti Moorland Blue Hypnotic Microwave Emitter....)

Seriously though, you must be really pleased with how well your bike turned out. What was the trickiest part of the resto, and how did you get around it?

Brian.

Comment

It looks good Colin. I will have a look at Bristol. Couldn't you fit a smaller, flatter seat rather than chop the seat brackets?

Comment

Thanks Brain!! good of you to send this address, i will see whats about, Jack Chalk has an original,that i know of also the TFS Maurice Nicholas had was the same,.
                            Colin your Black Bess is another away from the standard issue and it looks very nice mate.

Comment

Looking good Colin

I have often thought of a black bess replica..

Know you have one!!

A few minor tweaks and your there mate..

Great job

Comment

Working...
                              X