• Show
Clear All

• My 1960 24TCS

Before and after pics.
    Barn find for 100 quid.

whitehillbillies
    Attached Files

The Bike rack I made.
    Slots into the Tow Hitch 50mm square hole.

whitehillbillies
    Attached Files

Comment

First Trial, after 20 years.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, well done!

Comment

whitehillbillies - you must stop winding us all up with photos of blue sky & shirt sleeves.
          Andy (B but not allowed to use - )

Comment

Originally posted by hoveactually View Post
            whitehillbillies - you must stop winding us all up with photos of blue sky & shirt sleeves.
            Andy (B but not allowed to use - )
            I don't mind you signing posts as AndyB, but I'm told that some people get easily confused by there being two of us!

Keep posting!

AndyB (original)

Comment

Er, actually there's three of us! I'm Andy B(riggs) and don't post much although I have contributed a few things re my 1958-model TA Scottish, which I hurl at the scenery from time to time.

I've even met another Andy Briggs, to whom I sold some of the spares when I sold my Sunbeam S7/8 hybrid a year or two ago. Scary, meeting somebody with the same name and afflictions. I'm cured of Sunbeams now, but still suffering from Greeves-itis!

Off for my treatment...

Comment

Time I changed to 'Thommo' maybe....?

Hi Andy B3 (or is it B4, or B5....?!)

I have the similar problems with the various Brian's....

Many thanks for your forum contributions Andy, they are always very welcome.

Please do keep them coming....the more the merrier, and better!

....and if you can recommend a good therapist, please think of me....

Brian.

Comment

OK Brian,

Don't think I could recommend a therapist - it's all down to the individual patient...!

Anyway, seeing your home location prompts me to ask: will you be doing the Golden Valley trial on 12th April? I plan to make that one the next trial I ride in. I always like riding with the GV club; they're a great bunch of blokes and the sections are always sensible and make for an enjoyable ride out. I don't worry toooo much about how many marks I lose!

See you there?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Briggs View Post
                    OK Brian,

Don't think I could recommend a therapist - it's all down to the individual patient...!
                    Exactly so Andy, and I think I'm too far gone now anyway.....!!

Regarding the trial, sadly, 'no' is the short answer....My current ahh....'fiscal' circumstances () preclude much in the way of playtime (and lots in the way of eating baked beans...), other than all this recent typing/sillyness on here, I'm sorry to say (as, I'm sure, is everyone else...."please hurry up and start your new job soon, Brian....!" etc etc. )

The Golden Valley club put on some great events though, and it's a lovely part of the world. We had a GRA trial down that way a few years back, and although conditions were very sticky on the day, it was a really good event.

You must let us know how you get on though Andy, and even better if you could take a few pics to upload on the day as well....That'd be grand!

Brian.

Comment

International Rescue!

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                      Before and after pics.
                      Barn find for 100 quid.

whitehillbillies
                      Hi Shane,

That is a real result there! Well done indeed, and shows that however bad things look, you can (nearly...!) always bring a Greeves back from the brink, because they were made with proper materials in the first place.

A crackin' job Shane, and thanks for posting the pics.

Welcome aboard 'proper' to the forum as well, and hope you're enjoying full access at last. Good to have you with us!

Brian.

Comment

Does this trial not unfortunately clash with the GRA AGM.
                        Mike

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
                          Will upload some close up's over the weekend.
                          If I can get my girls to do it.

whitehillbillies

Comment

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                            Thanks for the comments.
                            Will upload some close up's over the weekend.
                            If I can get my girls to do it.

whitehillbillies
                            You are really winding us up now with promises of more photos of sunny skys, shirt sleeves and now 'close ups' of girls!!! .
                            P.S. I hope I have'nt misunderstood your post.

Andy (not admitting which B)

Comment

Only 37oC that day.
                              You Poms start dying, over there when it gets over 20
                              My girls range from,9, 13, 15 years old.
                              When they take pics for dad, they come in resized ready to post.
                              No I didn't marry a 18 yr old Philopino chick, as I once was asked, by an older female teacher,
                              Visiting the outdoor education camp, I work for, when telling her the age of my girls, a few years ago.
                              Have had comments, when taking the now 9 Yr old out,
                              Nice to see your spending time with Grandad !!!

Whitehillbillies

Comment

Working...
                              X