No announcement yet.

road legal confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about getting your MX bike ready????? You could have entered the Christmas Cracker and got a non-Championship event under your belt!

Comment

I'm intending to Brian. See other thread.

Comment

Taxation class

Interesting post this as I have had the same problem with my TDS just bought from Villiers Services. Because it hadnt been taxed for some time the V5C showed "Not licensed" in the taxation class box. Also the date of manufacture had not been put into the system when the change from buff log book to V5C was done. This meant that the local post office couldnt tax it or do the change of class and their computer said "Advise client to contact DVLA". This I did and spoke to a very helpful young lady who was quite clearly on the ball. She advised me to fill in he change in section 7 of the V5C and submit it with another form whose number escapes me and the change would be made and the bike would be taxed for free. As the bike was first registered in September 61 she said quite clearly it was old enough to qualify for the "Historic" ie free, category. Waiting for the revised V5C to come back at the moment.
        Spoke to my local MoT tester who does my BSA A65T about what was required. I think they do a lot of the local off-road and trail bikes and are more used to doing modern bikes. They said a bulb horn was not legal (will point out the age break for this when I talk next), road legal tyres required (and they have a list of those which are!) - my Pirelli MT43's are OK, and a reflector was required. Speedo not required for MoT but maybe under Construction and Use Regs.
        Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Working...
        X