SSDT Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSDT Book

One of my most valued possessions is the book 'Six Days in May - 25 years of the Scottish Six Days Trial 1970-1994' by Jim McColm, long time secretary of the SSDT. In his introduction to this book, Jim refers to researching a follow up to be titled 'After the War - SSDT 1947-1969'. My query is, did this second book ever get written and has anyone seen a copy? I've tried all the usual avenues of enquiry but with no success. Many thanks - Dick

Originally posted by Dick H View Post
    One of my most valued possessions is the book 'Six Days in May - 25 years of the Scottish Six Days Trial 1970-1994' by Jim McColm, long time secretary of the SSDT. In his introduction to this book, Jim refers to researching a follow up to be titled 'After the War - SSDT 1947-1969'. My query is, did this second book ever get written and has anyone seen a copy? I've tried all the usual avenues of enquiry but with no success. Many thanks - Dick
    Does not look like it Dick, according to this book search web site https://openlibrary.org/search/authors?q=Jim+McColm
    Jim only wrote the one book 'Six Days in May'

Comment

SSDT Book

Keep looking as I think you will find out the sequel was written and published by Jim himself, and hence was only available via him. Don Morley.

Comment

Jim McColm contact info.

Hi Dick,

The SSDT webpage contains a link to contact Jim direct.

Click on the link in the text and it opens up a webmail window you can use to drop him a line; http://www.ssdt.org/82-ssdt/news/121-centenary-book

Hope it works out and you find your book. Happy hunting!

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 23/11/2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

SSDT Book

Many thanks Don & Brian. I'll do as you suggest. It would be good to obtain a copy - assuming it exists - because that date range will cover the Greeves era culminating in Bill W's mighty win. Cheers - Dick.

Comment

SSDT book

There is another book with details of the SSDT, entitled 'Lochaber Rich Mixture', which I published many years ago and has long since sold out.
            It comprised the personal memories of the event by Ed Stott, related to me over several years, with copious photographs from Ed's own collection.
            Sadly Ed died before the project was ready - but I wrote the book using all of Ed's notes, which were bequeathed to me.
            I know Jim McColm valued his own personal copy, as indeed have many others, so I have serialised the entire book, and added many more photographs and published it again in the non-commercial 'Offroad Revue' digital magazine available exclusively from www.trialscentral.com.
            The digital magazine is regarded by many as a multiple-whammy, since I am republishing the printed magazine 'Off Road Review', but with many additional photographs that could not be included in the original version because of the cost of printing and postage way back in the day.

Comment

I've got a Copy

Great book.

The pictures are brilliant..

I often look at it.. Many many Greeves pictures not of the types usually seen.

I got my copy from kempton park ages ago..

Scott

Comment

Working...
              X