Greeves Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Championship

Good luck to all the guys racing tomorrow in the championship.
    I won't be there so everyone has a chance of coming last.
    Hope you get that scrappy twin port going Paul.
    Pictures on the forum please.

Say hello to Mr Harper for me and hope his health is still improving.
    Attached Files

Nice one Craig,

I'll be down there with the 'scrappy' either to race or if I can't get it running get some advice- a win / win I suppose.
    Hope your season starts well too. Any plans to come across the water? How about the Mortimer 100 this year?

Comment

And sunday is round 2 !

Hi Paul
      Trust first race meet went well !
      Good racing in very Soggy conditions !
      We have an early championship leader with Sam Heitman charging hard on his 360 challenger to a second in the first race behind Gary Smith
      And then on to win the second points race .
      I raced my dads MDS and snapped a chain in practice . Botched it in the pits (. It turns out my 428 chain is an oversize and no split pin would fit) and nursed it round for two races with the help of Monel wire😂
      We are all off to Woodford Northants on Sunday for round two . Thanks to Sam Heitman and Boretech engineering welding my snapped frame the Griffon will make a return
      Cheers Kim
      Attached Files

Comment

Its only a matter of time!

Well done kim, great to here whats going on over tuther side, keep us updated on your next breakdown.............. have you thought about AA trackside recovery............well just a thought.........

Comment

Message for all greeves riders

A call to all Greeves Championship riders . Just spoken to Dave Harper and entries are down for Mortimer 20th may . We need 8 more otherwise we lose the greeves races . Let me know name and numbers and we will pass to Mark Bosher to secure the ride ... also Dave and I will have entry forms at Maylandsea on Sunday . See you all Sunday cheers Kim

Comment

Count me in Kim. race number 557

I'm just about to set off darn sarf to Maylandsea so will see you there. And yes! I can confirm that the Griffon is ready to go at long last can't wait to get racing....or more likely pottering about at the back.

SW

Comment

Don't worry Paul, I'll stay at the track until you come round!

Comment

Well done SW

Thanks soggy ... great to see you and also well done on your first outing in the Greeves championship
                Look forward to seeing you at Mortimer

Not my best day . Griffon absolutely flying finish well in first non points race
                Track
                Was stunning and the Griffon handles mg great with the new narrow 110 Metzler loads of grip ...
                second
                Race loads of grip in fact too much ...I lead the second race for 3 feet and then did a. Ack flip ....
                second race running fourth flat out over the james MPs down the straight and the QUB took off over revved and then seized .. nil points today

But still a good day 29 greeves over the line

Comment

Thanks for the update kim.....

Comment

Yep, thanks Kim. So how do things stand now with a Greeves round at Mortimer?

Comment

Good news we are all set for Mortimer

Thanks to Dave and helpers we now have s really healthy entry and we are on for the Mortimer Classic

Comment

bust my cherry at last.

Had a great day at Maylandsea for my 1st ride in the Greeves championship. Excellent track, excellent weather and excellent camaraderie. And so gracious of Kim to have such a shocker so I won't be last in the standings - a true gent.
                        Don't worry though Kim, Brian was nowhere near the startline with his camera so your comedy rodeo riding may not have been recorded.

Any good pics to post Brian - a good entry of Greeves machines on the day so should be some nice action shots.

I was grinning like an eejit all the way on the long journey home - can't wait for the next round at Mortimer.

Comment

Nice one Soggy
                          Spoke to Dave Harper and he was impressed with your Mx debut .... so well done
                          Brian has a few pics here's one of mine from the first race before my mishaps
                          News on the Griffon is despite pinching up barrel head and piston all good and now it is a suspected leaking timing side crank seal that started all the issues..
                          News on my body not so good I have a badly swollen knee after my start line antics . I will be at Mortimer hopefully fit to race cheers Kim
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some pics from Maylandsea Part 1
                            97, Trevor Mansfield. 1968 Challenger 250.
                            783, Ray Wood, 1966 Challenger 250.
                            640, Matt McCulloch, 1972 Griffon 380.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Brian Catt; 10/05/2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Maylansea Part 2
                              321, Andrew Green, 1965 Challenger 250.
                              557, Paul (Soggy Welly) Hughes, 1969 Griffon 380.
                              667, Ian Ferguson, 1965 Challenger 250.
                              335, Adrian Dickerson, 1960 Hawkstone 250.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Brian Catt; 10/05/2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X