Preferred front wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred front wheel

Any suggestions, please, as to what may be an appropriate inexpensive front wheel for a Hawkstone-framed Grumph scrambler, keeping it "period" for the Pre 65 class of racing? Thinking that the BHC tin hub brake may be not up to the job. Also need to be careful on width of the hub and spindle size so that it is a comfortable fit in the forks ........ Thanks All.
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 19/02/2018, 03:10 PM.

Bit of a problem getting something up to the task, make sure it's crack free. What about alternative forks? AMC were surely around pre-65....

Comment

What about a nice CZ magnesium front hubpainted Moorland Blue to appease the rivet counters

Comment

Thank you, both, but don't want to stray that far from the original concept of a Greeves/Triumph hybrid. Might go for a Brit front wheel if anyone can advise on one of the right dimensions to fit Greeves forks and which might give better braking efficiency, please?

Comment

Dave Pink has a nice front brake on his TriGreeves.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 20/02/2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

What about a paddle hub. Fitted with a set of modern linings and the brake plate bushed to standard dimensions.

Comment

What about a 7 inch 2LS BHC hub

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I have a pair of paddle hub wheels I could be persuaded to part with....

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                  I have a pair of paddle hub wheels I could be persuaded to part with....
                  Another GRA member who lives near me could well be interested in those if your offer isn't taken up and you still want to sell them. If so, could you PM me details, condition and price and say if that includes brakes and spindles.

Thanks.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hubs/wheels for sale?

I am in the market for a set of paddle hubs too, see a previous post on that subject from me.
                    Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Thanks again, all, for more welcome responses. Pleased to see "vote of confidence" in paddle hubs. Please PM me description and price of yours, Ian. Many thanks. JR

Comment

Gents. I will dig them out of the garage later and photograph them. I will give JR first refusal as he has popped his head over the parapet first. Sorry, 350biker, but I did not spot your post regarding paddle hubs. To be fair, it is only this weekend just gone that I decided I ought to sell them. I bought them in error for the rebuild of my 24MCS mk2, which came with the wrong wheels. I thought that, as an MCS, it would have paddle hubs. Of course it is really an MDS which has fw hubs. I already have those doh!

Comment

Go overkill. fit back to back tin hubs.....

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                            Thanks again, all, for more welcome responses. Pleased to see "vote of confidence" in paddle hubs. Please PM me description and price of yours, Ian. Many thanks. JR
                            John. PM (and e-mail) sent.

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian. Have responded to your PM, but no sign of email ........... probably because my registered email address is out of date ............ doh! Have just updated it in the system, and included it in my PM reply to your PM.
                              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 20/02/2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X