No announcement yet.

325 East Coaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything just like the UK East Coaster version other than the engine. A very original & rare bike, dont erase that Randy Wilson sticker. I ams sure the mileage is original.

Here is a pic of 32DD125B owned by Stan Nicholson in Canada
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/09/2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Still seeing lots of No Entry signs instead of piccies! Can you not post them in the normal Forum manner?

Comment

Just out of interest, as a ballpark figure how much does it cost to have a bike shipped back to the UK from the states??

Comment

Brian this link should work

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1FaFV2MkxIWWpB

not sure why the others are not showing, sharing is on

Mark - depends on who you use, I doubt many people will tell you how or who they use for obvious reasons.

Comment

Tony, you've reimported a few Greeves now.

How do you get on with HM Customs and Excise? You must have had to generate the paperwork to satisfy DVLA that import taxes etc. have been paid when you apply for a V5C.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

All done for me - NOVA form from HM stamped

Comment

Here is the bent footrest which shows the 'off' was on the right side

The lower brace must have been a Friday afternoon job as it does not look level

Comment

Seized pistons

I managed to free up the piston(s) and remove the barrels.
                  One ring on each piston is seized, top on one and bottom on the other.

Comment

Take the pistons off the rods, warm them up preferably in an oven if not use a gas torch but make sure you apply heat carefully, keep the torch moving. Then immerse the pistons in diesel oil or kerosene. Hope fully you will able to free the rings. If you dont break them and they other wise look undamaged clean up the grooves until they are a free fit. Pistons may need a clean up if any score marks, as will the bores. If bottom end seems free, put it back together and see if it runs.

Comment

primary Chain

Quite a bit of slack on the primary chain,
                      the casing screws were all loose so someone had ventured in,
                      as was the points cover side. No keys so a new switch to be ordered.

Comment

Tony. You can take the lock apart, where you will find a number, from which VS will supply you with a new key

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                          Tony. You can take the lock apart, where you will find a number, from which VS will supply you with a new key
                          Quite so Ian, & I am not sure that the switches VS sell are like the original, as you say key number is on lock barrel & they are readily available from high street key bars or online for around £4, usually an FP or FS series.
                          Replace the primary chain with a genuine Renolds, note the 3T has a longer chain than 2T & 4T (larger engine sprocket)
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/09/2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Updated rectifier

Thanks now how do I wire in this rectifier-
                            I have it spare and since there are no coils on the bike and an out dated rectifier I might as well go modern.

Bit dated

Comment

The red & black wires going to old rectifier are the ac input from generator, the other lower red wire is the DC + output, the earth return goes via the rectfier body.
                              Use a Maplin AR82D block rectifier. The connections are in the diagram below.
                              This is for the 4T with 5 pin socket but will work for 3T if it has the 5 pin
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/10/2017, 10:33 AM. Reason: Additional info re wiring

Comment

Here is the 6 pin 3T diagram if you need it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X