Greeves Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Production Numbers

I bought this decades ago off one of our Stafford stands.I don't know who did it but we owe him our thanks.Please feel free to update any figures
    Attached Files

Greeves Production Numbers

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
    I bought this decades ago off one of our Stafford stands.I don't know who did it but we owe him our thanks.Please feel free to update any figures
    Hopefully I,ve loaded them all this time
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
      Hopefully I,ve loaded them all this time
      Success !!!! Note the jump in sales after Brian Stonebridge joined Greeves in 1957. It shows 2 x 25S made in 1957 and 1 was raced by Keith Heckles.Possibly the other was raced by Brian Stonebridge.

Comment

I wonder how accurate these figures are? I was looking at the Ranger which has a total production of 28 in 1968 (good for those with a Ranger or two). But what about the earlier version in 1967 with the Fibreglass tank? Or where they all produced then the tank and exhaust changed later?
        It would be nice to know as the export records were destroyed in the fire.

Comment

Production Figures

I think the figures are OK if used as a general guide. I have the same sets of figures from the factory but I wouldn't regard them as gospel.

From the despatch records it would seem that about 40%-50% of bikes were sent abroad (USA) about 6000 bikes. Kenny could probably comment on that.

Druid

Comment

Hi John, so do you think that the number of Rangers produced in 1968 was the total or is it missing the earlier ones. Or was it all one batch which was altered due to American law about Fibreglass tanks?

Comment

The list for trials models looks like it might have Craig`s 1965 24TF on there, and only 5 x 25TA models
              Last edited by trialrider17; 12/02/2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                The list for trials models looks like it might have Craig`s 1965 24TF on there, and only 5 x 25TA models
                I noticed that also

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  Hi John, so do you think that the number of Rangers produced in 1968 was the total or is it missing the earlier ones. Or was it all one batch which was altered due to American law about Fibreglass tanks?
                  A bit odd that 28, I raised the question of these when I put up another printed list whereby the 28 Rangers were listed in with road bikes. Colin checked the UK dispatch records & there were no Rangers listed. The lists apparently only refer to UK bikes. So a bit odd, & there were certainly more than 28 built as proved by the survivors list. I believe the list were compiled by Andrew King from the UK dispatch records.
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 12/02/2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X