• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Greeves 280 Ti trials bike to be made in Holland

Greeves Engineering & Production based in Holland
    Web site www.greevesbikes.com
    Face book page under Greeves Engineering & Production bv
    up to date info on progress of new bike !!!

Greeves Engineering & Production B.V.

Interesting, I wonder how much they are paying Richard Deal to use the Greeves name & logo. Nice to see the GRA have a link on their web site for the 'old' Greeves.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/02/2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Might be a good idea if someone told them the difference between a TRAIL bike and a TRIAL bike. Other than that, good luck to them.

Comment

There is an server error on the 'models' link

Comment

If you go to the history section & read the about us paragraph, it seems a bit unclear as to whether or not production has started, as it seems to be written in past, present, & future tense.
          This could be to do with the translation of the text though, or is it the way i am reading it. dave.

Comment

Greeves Engineering & Production B.V.

This Facebook link gives more info http://nl-nl.facebook.com/pages/Gree...47180681967827
            The new Greeves production location in Brummen, The Netherlands, will officially be opened by Bennie Jolink (whoever he is, maybe Leading Links cousin!!!) on April 14th.
            On that day they will also present the Greeves team for the Scottish in May this year.
            Looks like they are having trouble sourcing brakes but they plan to enter 3 bikes in the Scottish.
            This is worth a look. Their next factory rider in training http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga72-...ature=youtu.be
            Watch this space.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 17/02/2012, 09:30 PM. Reason: Change of wording

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              This Facebook link gives more info http://nl-nl.facebook.com/pages/Gree...47180681967827
              The new Greeves production location in Brummen, The Netherlands, will officially be opened by Bennie Jolink (whoever he is, maybe Leading Links cousin!!!) on April 14th.
              On that day they will also present the Greeves team for the Scottish in May this year.
              Looks like they are having trouble sourcing brakes but they plan to enter 3 bikes in the Scottish.
              Watch this space.
              They planned (and succeeded) to enter three bikes last year at the Scottish. This was done with one of the bikes successfully completing.

Comment

Benny Jolink

Benny Jolink is a Dutch Country & Western singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQFscWmqzyA
                I would have thought it more fitting to have a well known motorcycling personality to open the factory.
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 17/02/2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Greeves production facility to be opened

Greeves new production facility to be officially opend on 14 April 2012
                  See links

Comment

Greeves production facility to be opened

Steve. I reported this a week or so ago on this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...=Bennie+Jolink
                    being opened by Benny Jolink some Dutch pop star, brother of "Leading Link" maybe

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                      Steve. I reported this a week or so ago on this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...=Bennie+Jolink
                      being opened by Benny Jolink some Dutch pop star, brother of "Leading Link" maybe
                      Yes i remember i started the thread under links but it seemed to move to chat !! So thought it would fit under events !!!

Comment

New Greeves

Whilst I dont want to be pessamistic about the new Greeves trials bike, I really cant see them breaking through to the front runners. All the modern 'bunny hop' machines are virtually identical with only minor differences in performance. Bit like speedway bikes. Its all down to the rider, put the stars on any bike & it will win. No matter how good the bikes are, without star riders on them they will not be winners. Can Greeves Motosport afford to attract the top guys, & what pay off is there to be had? As has been mentioned before, the amount of trials bikes sold is miniscule & it is hard to see how a factory can survive on such low volume sales unless its on the back of another product. Even the original Greeves factory bolstered up the motorcycle side from the Invacar sales

Comment

I think as this new greeves project is going ahead & that they have the decency to give the gra a nod on its website, it would be a general lack of bad taste to add anything that might be considered negative, towards the new greeves m/sport products.

Comment

Dave, while I wish them all the best, I think John is taking a view that many will see as realistic. The only way these small manufacturers are keeping afloat is to make trials, enduro, motocross and trail models. The competition bikes need to be ridden by the best riders they can employ to get a brand following. I don't know what the market for trials bikes is like in Holland, but the manufacturers in Spain and Italy are well entrenched in the market, it will need a superhuman effort to break into their domain.

Comment

Brian, there is just a chance that these guys are not sat around a table at this moment, cr#pping themselves, that they did not consult jw in there projected business plan for the new bike.
                              Prehaps they have enough spare cash to have a little dabble on something they fancy, maybe even blow a couple of million on breathing a bit of life back into what i believe to be a classic british marque.
                              Who knows, but i do know that life didn`t end in 1977 & if they have the cash to push it on, then lets see what they can do?

Comment

Working...
                              X