No announcement yet.

Challenger MX3 Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a spacer that would solve this? Or would that cause more isssues? I guess I need to pull it and check the back of the basket to make sure it’s not warped?

Comment

Check for witness marks so that you know you are actually trying to address the right problem.

Apologies if that's too obvious...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thank you Colin, I will take a look. And at this point I have lost all faith in my mechanical abilities so nothing is too obvious anymore. I had bad luck simply riding it and hoping it would fix itself last time, so I will not do that again.

Comment

Update

I flushed the gearbox and used Castrol XL30, expensive but it made the screeching sound go away. Must have been low, and the still-spinning gears in neutral didn't like it.

The bike still has a very slight grind into first, and it was popping out of gear. I opted to not race it this weekend as the starts would have been impossible in this condition. After talking to Dean Newton at a local race, he suggested tightening the main shaft nut which I did and that tiny adjustment did seem to improve it. It may be at this point that I just need to work on the clutch and throttle control to get it right, and get used to this bike as I am used to Triumphs.

I will keep updating, if you all don't mind. It helps me to keep the chronology straight and perhaps it will help someone having the same issue in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X