FNG - Friendly New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG - Friendly New Guy

I'm new here, from Missouri in the Colonies. I just discovered this Forum. I have a Greeves MX 6 B Rolling Chassis and a spare Triumph Unit 500 I'd like to insert in it. I need guidance in finding templates or mounts for this engine / chassis combo. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

CycleJack can we have the frame No of MX6 for survivors records plaase

Comment

Phil, bear in mind that the 24MX6 was a US-only MX5 with an MX4 short-stroke motor. I don't know how that would affect the engine plates for a Triumph, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Hi Cyclejack, good to see you on here and good luck with your special - should be a fun bike!
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Or as Andrew King once aptly put it: "The blacksmithing approach to motorcycle manufacture"
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 13/02/2018, 12:01 PM.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
          Phil, bear in mind that the 24MX6 was a US-only MX5 with an MX4 short-stroke motor. I don't know how that would affect the engine plates for a Triumph, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Hi Cyclejack, good to see you on here and good luck with your special - should be a fun bike!
          Been off the air for a while due to a computer crash. I have a 24MX6 B 273 Rolling chassis. Now, you have the numbers..

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde
            Waiting to see if CycleJack is up for the challenge!

Accommodating the front down beam is standard stuff. Cutting the gearbox mounts out and fabricating suitable parts to take the Triumph gearbox requires a bit of knife and fork engineering
            I've recovered from a Computer crash. I've been playing Cycle Jack since 1957. I am tricky and resourceful, and what I can't do, I have friends who can. I was the Director of Road Racing for AHRMA from 1991 thru 2002. Those were Jeff Smith's years so I have some really good contacts. I also can take instructions so I think my Grumph will be good ! BTW, I own my own "Hot Wrench"..

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              CycleJack can we have the frame No of MX6 for survivors records plaase
              Frame # 24MX6 B 273.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde
                Check your Private Message inbox.
                Have I responded via my "Private Message Inbox ?"
                I'm still getting used to the methods here.

Comment

Working...
                X