Major project!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major project!!

Have you seen the latest Greeves project on ebay? upto 50quid!...........starider

Its been on before but did not meet reserve, went to £560 well high enough for a bike in that condition http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...light=24MDS194
    frame No 24MDS194
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/02/2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Major project!!

I notice it's sidecar was also offered on ebay at the same time,did that sell?........starider

Comment

There are some useful parts there, but they are not MDS forks. Likewise the tin hubs, all from an earlier Hawkstone, I am guessing? The rear subframe has been chopped about, but there is the basis of a special there.

Comment

Originally posted by starider View Post
          I notice it's sidecar was also offered on ebay at the same time,did that sell?........starider
          Looks like it has sold as its no longer listed, the BSA engine is though by separate negotiation

Comment

Are you after a trials sidecar, Starider? If so, I may just be able to help you....

And I live not far away.....

Comment

Too old for sidecars!!

Hi Ian, too old for sidecars now, I learnt to ride a motorbike on a BSA 600 sidevalve with sidecar frame with a box fitted[used to retrieve glider launch cable], would love one though. At my age no longer agile enough, had to give up as RYA Sailing Instructor as I couldn't move around dinghys quickly enough anymore[many unintentional capsizes].
              Luckily I can still just get my leg over my bikes for a ride out!!!.......................starider
              Last edited by starider; 21/02/2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Ha, fair enough! I have 2 trials chairs, one bought from a club member in Yorkshire, who had it on a Greeves. Another a bit more modern off a Bultaco.

Having recently moved and needing to build a workshop, space is tight, and with no immediate plans to attach one to a bike, I am sure I will never use two!

It seemed like a good idea at the time!

Cheers. Ian

Comment

Major project!! price paid!!!!

Hi, sold for 775 pounds?? Was it really worth that much? Very strange bidding, have a look at how the bidding went.
                  Still if you have the spare cash I suppose you can invest in such a huge project.
                  Good luck to the purchaser, would like to see the finished bike.................starider

Comment

Originally posted by starider View Post
                    Hi, sold for 775 pounds?? Was it really worth that much? Very strange bidding, have a look at how the bidding went.
                    Still if you have the spare cash I suppose you can invest in such a huge project.
                    Good luck to the purchaser, would like to see the finished bike.................starider
                    can't quite figure out that huge leap in price. It almost suggests someone has offered the seller the final amount as a buy it price which has then been accepted. Normally, I would have thought in the run of play you would have seen various figures up to the final amount. Still better keep my mouth shut don't want to upset anyone

Comment

I think you will find that the 'winner' put in a high maximum bid, which in the normal run of things would only top the next bid by £20, or whatever the increment is; except when there this a reserve. In that case, if the winner's maximum bid is in excess of the reserve, it will automatically jump up to the reserve figure. That is how you get a big leap like that. I am guessing the reserve was £750. It is just the way e-bay works.

Comment

Perception of success breeds success

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                        I think you will find that the 'winner' put in a high maximum bid, which in the normal run of things would only top the next bid by £20, or whatever the increment is; except when there this a reserve. In that case, if the winner's maximum bid is in excess of the reserve, it will automatically jump up to the reserve figure. That is how you get a big leap like that. I am guessing the reserve was £750. It is just the way e-bay works.
                        Yes see what you mean Ian, Just two bidders is all it takes to make a huge leap in the price. as so often is the case in auction. It certainly does look odd though and just two bids spanning a difference of nearly £500 thankfully isn't the norm as i perceive it. Also, don't think there was a reserve 'this time' (maybe if its listed again there will be a reserve of £700)
                        Last edited by MarkM; 28/02/2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Still expensive!

Hi,still think the price paid was way over the top! ..............starider.

Comment

Working...
                          X