No announcement yet.

US Mark 2 MCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now come on chaps, play nicely! Was it really all those years ago I first heard of the MCS Mk2 (aka MDS)?

I'm adding all I can to the now much-expanded database started by the late Chris Goodfellow for exported Anglians. Poor Chris never got over the fact that the export records eluded him. However, he did an absolutely brilliant job saving the home records and where would we be without those?!

Come on all you overseas MCS Mk2 owners, let's have any info you can give please! Frame and engine numbers would be great! Also any other models of Greeves details. Thanks, Rob

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
      It was a general comment on a particular model Colin, given its unique status as a model which had a different designation when exported, which seemed perfectly valid to me; unless I am missing something?

Sorry if I have touched a raw nerve, as did your last comment with me.

Stifling comments on here will discourage contributors, if they feel they are going to be snapped at. Don't worry about replying, I don't wish to waste your time.

I will contribute nothing further on this topic.

Ian
      I think I owe you an apology, Ian, I didn't mean to "snap" I just meant that I can't afford to get involved in discussions on individual cases simply because I need to keep control of how best to progress them.

Also any application for authentication is really a matter between the owner and the club and wouldn't benefit from input from all and sundry - as might have happened with your project if the discussion had continued.

The important message from me to you was intended to be one of reassurance: "Don't worry about it at this stage, we'll sort it out when the bike is complete".

Sorry if I caused offence, none intended. Talk at Shepton Mallett?
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin. Understood; no worries.

Mine is way from ready for authentication, anyway. No doubt see you at Shepton Mallet.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post

Come on all you overseas MCS Mk2 owners, let's have any info you can give please! Frame and engine numbers would be great! Thanks, Rob
          ....and UK ones Rob, as it appears that a few have made their way back here. It would be good to know how many, where, and what they are doing now; being raced, shown, restored as original, or specials etc?

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
            Ross. Thanks for that. It appears that this model was mostly fitted with a 19" front wheel. I have just been enjoying looking through your gallery btw; a fine collection!

Cheers. Ian
            Hi Ian,
            Have another look at the gallery, as I have downloaded some more of my bikes.

Comment

Ross. A great collection you have there! a good source of detail for restorers, too. I particularly like the unrestored Hawkstone. You don't see many like that these days.

Cheers Ian

Comment

Gallery?

Please excuse silly question but where is the gallery mentioned in connection with the MCS Mk2 please?
                Thank you

Comment

GFan, welcome to the GRA!

If you go back one page on this thread, then click on RARPOS 7, it will take you to his profile page. On the right you will see his album, 'My Greeves and Others', and he has a great selection of bikes there, including the 24MCS mk2.

Also, on General Forums, go into General Greeves Chat, scroll down below the stickies and you will find a thread started by Mark, 'Rangers etc at auction....'. There you will find details of a 24MCS mk2 for sale.

How about posting up in New Members to introduce yourself, maybe saying where you are, what bikes you have etc?

Cheers. Ian

Comment

Gallery?

Thank you Ian for your quick and comprehensive answer.
                    I will add those additional details you mention.
                    Thanks again

Comment

Does anyone have original brochures, or magazine articles on the MCS Mk2 which they could scan and post on here?

Thanks. Ian

Comment

Working...
                      X