Nice One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice One!

Just picked this photo from another page of FB. Very nice bike, the owner, Augusto Grasso, says it's 1968, and by the look of the front number plate, is used in anger.
    Attached Files

Hi Brian,
    Could you please shed more light, on what it is.
    Thank You.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Brian, can you get the frame number please. It looks like an 'enduroised' Anglian (still has trials seat) the lights appear to be the early type Miller trials ones
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/12/2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

The owner says it is a medal winner from 1968 in Italy and I have been promised the story after Christmas. If it is such, then it is a Challenger ISDT.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          The owner says it is a medal winner from 1968 in Italy and I have been promised the story after Christmas. If it is such, then it is a Challenger ISDT.
          It's an Anglian. Very similar to the Randy Wilson east coast USA distributor Anglian Enduro. Looks good and very functional!

Kenny

Comment

Kenny are these Randy Wilson Anglian Enduros - 24TJSC212 ?

or this 24TJSC166

Comment

Hi Tony

Yes! I believe the "C" indicated Randy Wilson specifications per his advert we have on file.

Kenny

Comment

YES......it does not look much like any of the medal winning bikes from 1968, so I await the story from the owner. I wonder what he has been told of it's history????? Certainly one of the Challengers seems to have been rebuilt and sold in Italy, complete with the wrong forks and a mismatch of race and registration numbers.
                Last edited by Brian Catt; 23/12/2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Typical of foreiniers, in the old bus world they think every red double decker bus is a London Transport Routemaster. Someone has strung Augusto along with a story no doubt

Comment

Working...
                  X