Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TES / TFS Rock Guards - A Plea For Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TES / TFS Rock Guards - A Plea For Help!

There are at least 3 GRA members who want to make a set of rock guards for the TES / TFS. I have all the drawings to help them less one vital component and that item fits in three places on the final assemblies.

Does anyone have a set of genuine Greeves rock guards off the bike and accessible so they could measure the small plates that fit the tube of the guard to the engine cradle please?

To be more precise, I am actually after the dimensions of the plate on the timing side guard. This should be the same both ends but I would be grateful if someone could measure both plates on that side. Drawing round them (including the hole) and scanning to me would be ideal but just plain measurements would also be fine.

Once I have this info, I can add it to the drawings and supply it to the members.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Rob

GRA Drawing Service

Rob is this the one you require.
    Simon
    Attached Files

Comment

Rock Guard Drawings etc....

Hi Simon,

The M25 prefix on your drawing denotes TE (M25A being TES) so fingers crossed it's the same for the TFS too....!

Rob, I've got a full set of Rock Guard drawings for the TDS including a lug similar to Simon's above (KM15/3 for the TDS), but typically, it's not the same....aaarrgghh!! I've attached a couple of pics anyway, and would be happy to post the rest if it would save you some time going forwards, in the 'Member's Only' area of course....

Sorry I can't be of more help on this one mate.

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 01/03/2017, 03:44 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Mine are genuine Rob,!! I told you they are off my TES ,and the TFS ,are the same as well. i will bring the bike complete nest time ??? grahhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Rock Guards

Rob,

I have original Rock Guards on my TES. The attached photos, if they come through large enough, should tell you what you need.
          I put these together for another member who wanted to make a set.
          I can provide larger files or extra dimensions if you need them.
          The dimensions for the tube bends were not the easiest to measure but you said you had drawings for them.
          The TDS ones Brian put up are definitely different.
          Let me know if you need more detailed photos of each tube end.

Regards,

Peter Barnett
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent the pictures say it all! NOW CAPTAIN !! there is no problem in bending these as we have measurements of the frame in the fixed position . so we can try these at each stage of bending , and weld the lugs at each end when we have the correct angle sorted.

Comment

Sounds like a need for a few sets for stock?

Comment

Rock guards

Hi Rob.
                Try Paul Brook on 07887-554507, he had several sets made up, may still have some and may still be a member my lists are now out of date.

Kind regards

Comment

Ooh, yes please! I would like set

Comment

Great response, thanks chaps!

Simon - that is the drawing I have got! The one I need is M19/AA8. This is the small attachment plate at both ends of the timing side rock guard.

Brian - thanks, I already have these in the file. Typical to have the ones I don't need at the moment!

Peter - great pictures, very useful. I can now see what the offending article looks like!

Dave - thanks for your guidance as ever. I can make some as Dick has a set but they don't conform to the drawing in that both of the plates are different on Dick's but the same on the welded assembly drawing. I just wanted to be able to send out the correct drawings. It could be that Greeves did a 'Revision A' drawing somewhere along the line and changed the plate to the size Dick has. Looking at Peter's pic of the timing side guard, both end plates look the same to me.

Anyway, thanks to you all for your comments, I expect we will find the dimensions in the end.

Comment

Rockguards

I took my machine down to a local frame maker and he fabricated a pair to fit.

John Gresty

Comment

John, I can make a set myself, I was just trying to complete the GRA drawings so that we hold a full set in case of enquiry.

Thanks for replying though.

Comment

Rock Guards

Rob,

The dimensions for the plates are on the photos I sent.
                          Note the plates are not the same size which is odd as the shorter front plate doesn't fully cover the open end of the tube.
                          I can give you a close up photo of just the timing side ends if you want, or a hand drawing with dimensions.

Regards,

Peter.

Comment

I think if Rob is in one piece after Sundays March Hare Trial, i will see him next week sometime with my TES and the Rock guards that i have and we can come to a solution by test fitting what we have on a few frames we have between us.

It could be a bit like the Moorland Blue paint,!! ? variations on a theme over the years of manufacturing

Comment

Rob,

If you're still in need PM me - I've just had a set of rock guards made.

Help from nzpeterb gratefully received and noted.

Cheers,

Ian.

Comment

Working...
                              X