250 Griffon Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 Griffon Tuning

Has anyone done or got any information on alternative pistons and con rods for a 250cc Griffon?
    I am interested in doing something similar to the Maico conversion on my QUB's.
    Thanks
    Allen

Hi Allen
    Not aware of any obvious options or indeed the need .. I went for the Nametab needle roller small end conversion kept the excellent alpha con rod and a nametab forged piston... plus some other tuning that I can talk u through ...
    Reason why all the QUBs went Maico con rod was to get a larger small end and reliability ... the Griffon piston and head combo is more powerful

Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply.
      I am exploring the options with 250's as we may run one next year.

It would seem that 250 Greeves pistons of all sizes are more readily available as well - TDS certainly list them all.

My only preference for changing to something more modern is the quality and lightness of the materials. If the "The Kid" is going to be ragging it to death I want something that isn't going to go pop!!!!

Regards,

Allen.

Comment

Don't let the kid spoil a nice 250 Griffon ... keep it for yourself !!
        250s are I reckon competitive and reluanle ... as long as u go needle roller small end and forged piston you will be good !!

Comment

Working...
        X