20 DB Roadster Tank- paint detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 DB Roadster Tank- paint detail

Could someone clarify where the gold lining should be on a 20 DB tank. I have an all blue tank with the some of the gold lining under the tank but not on the main part.

Regards,

Ivor Pigram

20DB Tank Paint detail.

Hi Ivor,

Have you seen this thread in the 'Paint' section of the forum?

Just click on this link and it will take you straight to it; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=1362 When it comes up in the new window just 'maximise' the screen to see it all, and when you've finished close the window (click the red 'x') to come back to this page.

I'm not 100% sure on the roadsters, but I'm guessing the design for the DB is the same for the Eastcoaster, as JW's pics show. Can anyone please confirm?

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 02/08/2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

20 DB Roadster Tank- paint detail

Dear Brian

It was reading Frank’s thread on his tank that reminded me that this was a question that I had to resolve in respect of my 20DB, hence my question.

From a 1963 Greeves brochure the finish of a 20DC tank is stated to be Moreland blue with gold lining, the 25DC is two tone blue and the 32DC is blue and silver. Given that I have traces of the gold line under the tank I am trying to find where the gold lining goes round the tank so I can get somewhere near original.

Any comments would be a help.

Kind regards,

Ivor

Comment

As you say the 20DB had an all blue tank, no silver panel. I would assume the gold line would be in the same place as the 25DC (as my pics) Quite frankly I have never seen two tanks lined out the same. I would suggest you copy mine as I think its somewhere near right.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/08/2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          As you say the 20DB had an all blue tank, no silver panel. I would assume the gold line would be in the same place as the 25DC (as my pics) Quite frankly I have never seen two tanks lined out the same. I would suggest you copy mine as I think its somewhere near right.
          I endorse that comment - although I suppose most of the roadsters we see these days have been restored, with the restorer's own interpretation of the top panel. But you're quite right, you never do see two the same.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X